Chapter 23

As Nagisa and Yuuki were standing in front of her, Aoba decided it was time they learned the truth. The truth about what happened to everyone here in the hidden village. Soon Naon stepped forward as to provide an example of someone's experience that led them to here.

"Then one day, I faced a Mato Disaster

"Then one day, I faced a Mato Disaster. I was being chased by shuuki before the Anti-Demon Corps could arrive. It was that moment that I found a peach tree in front of me. I didn't want to die there, if I could have an ability to drive away the shuuki, I wanted to take that chance. After eating the peach, it's power ran wild and I passed out. But it only got worse when I woke up."

~Flashback~

"Young lady, after you were found, the place you had collapsed

"Young lady, after you were found, the place you had collapsed. You were then rushed to the hospital. However, once there, we had an omen and brought you here. This is the Onmyou Agency, we deal with the study of shuuki in this institute."

"Shuuki?! But i'm huma-"

The moment she tried to move, Naon felt a burning sensation on her left hand. The moment she looked at it, she noticed how it was no longer a normal human hand. Right now, it was a sharp claw more akin to a shuuki.

"This is an accident that rarely happens when a peach is eaten inside of Mato. The power of the peach acts wildly and your body becomes inhuman. This does not happen in our world, so we deduce it is due to the miasma present here in Mato. Forgive us for not giving a satisfactory answer, we must research more. For now, we simply ask for your cooperation as a research subject, being the valuable existence you are."

"Research? No, turn me back! Please cure me! Turn me back to my beautiful self!!!"

"As our research progresses, we will find a way to cure you."