Chapter 20

"Ok, just gotta head back to the base on foot."

After passing through the gate, Nagisa soon found himself back in Mato. As the young man was walking back to the base, he could've sworn he heard the sound of rushing footsteps. By the time he turned around, he saw a girl wearing a hoodie as she was running away from shuuki.

"Isn't it too soon for me to play the "hero" role? Honestly, the spotlight isn't for me."

While he thought this, Nagisa quickly dashed by the girl with great speed. The moment the girl turned around, she couldn't believe what she saw. All of the shuuki that chased her were reduced to shreds in an instant as Nagisa was seen sheathing his sword. Soon the young man walked over to the girl he just saved in order to check her condition.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, thanks!!!"

Just as the girl said this, she suddenly slammed her fist into Nagisa. Just as she did this, her coat was thrown off of her body to reveal that this girl was not completely human. Though that wasn't the thing that threw her off. She knew she landed a direct hit on the boy, yet it didn't even look like he was hurt. Hell, he didn't even get moved an inch from his original spot.

"Eh, Koko was sure that attack hit directly. My punches are explosive!"

 My punches are explosive!"

"Looks like you are fine. Plus, after dealing with the old man for so long, it'd be pathetic if that attack was all it took to make me land on my ass. I was told the leader of the Anti-Demon Corps wanted to talk it out with you humanoid shuuki. So, i'll give you this one chance to talk it out."

"Sorry, but I'm gonna crush you and take you with me."

Nagisa looked around and saw all the shuuki in the area

Nagisa looked around and saw all the shuuki in the area. Honestly, the only one that looked like trouble was the humanoid shuuki and the bear looking shuuki behind her. Suddenly the bear looking shuuki charged at Nagisa with great speed. The creature threw a punch at the boy, only for Nagisa to counter it with his own punch.

"It didn't feel it?"

"Tough luck, Bear's body is tough as a rock."

"Really, it's only AS tough as a rock?"