Chapter 12

~Day before the games~
"You want to have a signal?"

As the two of them had just finished training, Yachiho and Nagisa were sitting at a table as they were discussing a plan. Considering the nature of her ability, Yachiho wanted to find a way for her and Nagisa to be on the same page after she manipulates time. While the two of them were deep in thought, Nagisa had an idea form in his head.

"Eyes are the window to the soul."

"Hmmm, what does that have to do with anything?"

"Simple, we'll use our eyes as the signal. Your ability let's you manipulate time, so obviously only you would retain any memories of events that occured before you used your ability. That's why I have a simple method for us to get in sync quickly. After you use your Golden Hour, use these actions to communicate. Blink once if an ally is attacked, blink twice if you are attacked."

"I see. Tomioka, I think we're about to do something amazing.

~Present time~
"Water Breathing, Third Form:Flowing Dance."

Just as Yuuki was tried to avoid Nagisa, Nagisa swings and bends his blade in a winding motion along with his body and dances in a flowing pattern, slicing everything in his path as he chased after Yuuki

Just as Yuuki was tried to avoid Nagisa, Nagisa swings and bends his blade in a winding motion along with his body and dances in a flowing pattern, slicing everything in his path as he chased after Yuuki. Seeing that Yuuki and Himari's attention were on Nagisa, Yachiho fired three bullets at her opponent. Seeing this, Yuuki put all his power into his legs as he jumped high into the air with Himari still on his back.

"We barely dodged th-"

"Water Breathing, Eighth Form:Waterfall Basin!"

The moment Yuuki and Himari were in the air, Nagisa had already leapt upwards

The moment Yuuki and Himari were in the air, Nagisa had already leapt upwards. Afterwards, Nagisa swung his sword vertically in a flowing motion which caused Himari and Yuuki to fall back towards the ground. Yuuki quickly spun his body as he fell and landed on his feet, a crater forming underneath him as a result.

"Now, Yuuki!!!"

As Himari said this, she picked up a few rocks and hurled them all at Nagisa. Seeing this, the boy swung his sword with great speed as he was cutting the rocks in half with great precision. However, while Nagisa was distracted, Yuuki had put all his strength into his legs.