Chapter 62

Yachiho couldn't hide the red that was appearing on her face. Right now, Nagisa was holding her close to him as he was protecting her from someone hitting on her that was starting to get annoying. As Nagisa stood there, he simply turned around and walked with Yachiho.

"Are you okay, Azuma-san?"

"Hey, show some respect to someone older than you brat! So her family name is Azuma..fine then, Azuma should hang around m-"

Just before the man could finish his sentence, Nagisa was right in front of him as he slammed his fist into the right side of the man's face. The man was currently lying on the ground as he was now unconscious. When Yachiho looked at Nagisa, she saw how annoyed the boy looked.

"Right back at you. Show some respect to her and call her Azuma-san, fucker."

As Nagisa said this, he grabbed Yachiho's hand as they walked outside of the mall. The moment this happened, Yachiho merely looked at the boy in shock. She never expected Nagisa to act like this. She wasn't sure how to react to it. Though, if Yachiho were to be honest, she didn't really hate seeing him like this.

Soon both of them were standing outside of the mall as they waited for Tenka and Sahara to come out. A few minutes passed by as Sahara soon exited the mall and caught up with the two. While the Sixth Unit waited on their chief, Yachiho could no longer stay silent.

"Tomioka, why did you do that?"

"Why did I do it...."

When asked that, two events played in Nagisa's mind. The first being when his sister died during that incident in the past. The second was when Aoba disappeared right in front of him and Yuuki. In both cases, he was powerless. Powerless to save them, powerless to prevent such things from happening. As soon as Nagisa looked at Yachiho and Sahara, they saw a sad smile on the boy's face.

"I guess I just didn't want to lose something important again."

As Nagisa said this, he saw Tenka exiting the mall as she had three bags of clothes in her arms. Seeing this, the boy sighed and simply offered to help carry them since he's physically the strongest. Soon a smile appeared on everyone's faces. Despite this small visit, they all enjoyed it in their own way. As they all traveled back to the base, Nagisa thought to himself.

"This life isn't so bad. I'm sure you'd have fun if you were still here, sis."

~The Next Day~
As he was seen doing some pushups, Nagisa noticed how Yachiho and Sahara joined him. Yachiho wanted to at least get a little bit stronger physically while Sahara wanted to stay in shape. Plus they had the perfect partner here since Nagisa is the most physically gifted in the Anti-Demon Corps.

Suddenly Nagisa felt his phone vibrate in his pocket as he got a new message. The moment he finished his set, he stood on his feet and checked to see who the sender was. A smile soon formed on his face when he saw that it was Mira texting him to come over to Yokohama.

"Looks like another eventful day is about to happen".

~With Mira~
As Mira was standing at a port in Yokohama. She looked at the text she sent and puts her phone into her pocket. While the chief tipped her hat, he face was turning extremely red the moment she realized how her text sounded.

"Swing over by Yokohama, Tomioka. I really want to see ya."

"I made it sound like I was his girlfriend or something. What the heck is going on with me?! Calm down, Mira. It's just an outing, it's just an outing."

While Mira said this, she saw a portal open up in front of her. Soon she saw Nagisa walking towards her as Tenka simply waved goodbye before leaving. Just as Tenka left, Mira noticed it was just her and Nagisa together. Seeing this, Mira turned around to hide her face as she spoke.

"Glad you could make it, Nagi."

"Thanks, how are you feeling though? Did being absorbed by Kuusetsu leave any negative effects on you?"

"Nope, i'm still the badass chief of the Second Unit. I'm fully recovered, but I could ask you the same thing. After all, you pushed yourself the most out of all of us."

"Well physically i'm okay thanks to Tobera-san, but I was ordered to take a break for now."

Nagisa merely shook his head as the two of them began to walk around Yokohama. Though, Nagisa was surprised with what he was met with. Everytime the citizens saw him, they kept asking for a photo or autograph. To be honest, it was a bit overwhelming for him. Seeing how Nagisa was reacting caused Mira to chuckle.

"Well, what did you expect? You're the guy who killed all the shuuki that invaded here. If you were a woman in the Anti-Demon Corps, they would expect it and treat it as normal. But you're a man and men can't get abilities from eating a peach from Mato. So seeing a man with no powers save Yokohama is basically a once in a lifetime opportunity. They obviously see you as a hero."

"A hero? Sorry, but that fits Yuuki more than it does with me. I just did what I had to do. Besides, I could only pull it off because I had a reliable partner to work with me."

As Nagisa said this, he could see Mira's face getting red. Soon a small smile began to form on the boy's face as the two of them just simply walked around Yokohama, trying out every food stand they could find. The two of them were having so much fun, they didn't even realize how they were both holding hands for a while.

"So this is how Nagi looks when he lets his guard down and actually has fun....enjoy yourself, Nagi. You earned it."

As Mira thought this to herself, she simply stopped walking as Nagisa did the same upon noticing. Before the boy could ask why they stopped he felt Mira's lips pressing against his right cheek. While both of their faces turned red, Nagisa saw Mira shaking a bit as she was trying to keep her cool.

"T-th-that was just a thanks. Yeah, just shows how much I fuckin' appreciate ya, Nagi! Don't think about anything else."

"Alright."

"W-what?"

"On one condition though. Just as you don't want me to think of anything else......"

Before Mira could react, she suddenly felt herself being lifted up. As she looked at the position she was in, she saw that Nagisa was carrying her in his arms like a groom would do with their bride. The moment the Second Unit chief looked at Nagisa, she simply saw him smiling gently at her.

".............i want you to only focus on me."