Chapter 48

~?????~
"Tomioka-senpai, do you like gaming?"

As the two of them were walking to an arcade, both Nagisa and Konomi were seen walking side by side. While Konomi was in her school uniform, Nagisa simply wore the outfit that Goo got him as congratulations for not dying during training. Though with how smug Goo was being, it took everything Nagisa had not to slap him with a stop sign or something.

"Yeah

"Yeah. When I have time after doing my duties in the Sixth Unit and finishing training, I usually play games to help kill the time. Or I just hang out with Yuuki."

"I see, so Tomioka-senpai is a teen after all."

"What's that supposed to mean? You think i'm an old man?"

"No, no, no. It's just you have this air around you that guys your age wouldn't have. Plus with how you carry yourself like an adult, it can be hard to approach you. I'm just happy to see you're a normal person."

Nagisa blinked a couple of times as he was shocked by this. When he thought about it, nothing he did was something any sane teen would do. He trained to fight shuuki even before joining the corps, trained with two of some of the most dangerous people in the world. If anything, he was not cut out for a normal life.

"Oh, i'm sorry if that was rude. Please forgive me!!"

"No no, it's alright. Just the first time normal was ever used to describe me, so I was caught off guard a bit. Anyways, here we are."

As Nagisa said this, both himself and Konomi walked inside of the arcade. After getting some change, the two of them began to look for games to play. Soon their eyes fell upon an air hockey table. The two of them looked at each other and nodded as they rushed over to the table.

"So, Tomioka-senpai, you're a second year in highschool, right?"

"Yep, Yuuki is the older one between him and I. Though despite us being in different grades, we still see each other a lot."

While Konomi and Nagisa looked like they were having a casual conversation, the people in the arcade were shocked to see how fast the two of them were hitting the puck and keeping the other from scoring as they went ten minutes so far without either of them scoring.

"But what about you, Konomi-san. Do you have any friends in school too?"

"Oh yeah! Her name is Makura Ema! She's my best friend at school. Though she often likes to tease me apparently."

"I get that. Yuuki once bragged about pulling an SSR to me. He looked so smug so I downloaded the same game. During my first roll, I pulled 3 SSR's all at once. You should've seen the look on his face."

While Nagisa and Konomi were laughing at this, they were hitting the puck a bit faster as the time on the clock was beginning to run low as neither of them scored yet. Truth be told, this began to cause a crowd forming around them as they were curious to see how this would end. However, just as there was three seconds on the clock, Nagisa suddenly slammed his pusher into the puck as Konomi wasn't fast enough to react to the sudden change of speed.

"Looks like it's my win, Konomi-san."

"You could still move faster?! Are you sure you're not hiding a peach ability, Tomioka-senpai~."

"Last I check, I pee standing up, so yeah. Impossible for me to have an ability."

"At least try to play along!"

Soon the two of them began to laugh together as they left the air hockey table. As they walked around the arcade and played various games, it was almost like they had nothing to worry about. For the first time in a while, Nagisa was actually allowed to let his guard down and just be a normal teenager.

As Nagisa and Konomi were walking out of the arcade, Nagisa could've sworn he heard a growl. When he looked at Konomi, he simply saw the girl blushing as she rubbed the back of her head playfully. The boy sighed as he took her to the nearest food stand he could find. After ordering a couple of crepes, the two of them decided to sit down on a nearby bench as they ate.

"You know, you're a really nice guy. I thought you would be a lot scarier since you're hard to approach."

"I.......is that the image everyone has of me?"

"No, i'm not saying hard to approach as if people hate you. I meant that, you have this type of air about you that makes people put up their guard."

"Do they think i'm just a feral animal?!"

Konomi couldn't help but laugh at Nagisa's reaction. The guy who looked like he could care less about what others think was really sensitive about being disliked. It was honestly adorable to witness. Seeing the girl laugh, Nagisa simple smiled as he looked up at the sky.

"Looks like you finally relaxed."

"Hmmm?"

"When we trained, your movements were a bit stiff. Almost as if you were completely on edge. That's why I suggested this, plus it doubles as my apology for the way I acted last time."

"You did all this to help me.......Tom-, no, Nagisa-senpai, you're a nice guy."

"Thanks Ko-"

Suddenly Nagisa fought the urge to swiftly attack as both him and Konomi saw a man walking by them as he wore some glasses and expensive clothing. While Nagisa grabbed Konomi's hand to leave the area, the man who walked by them simply glanced back at Nagisa.

"Strange. That kid reminded me of Tsutako. Maybe i'm imagining things."

"That's because he is Tsutako's brother. I didn't expect you to come and get me personally."

When the man looked in front of him, he saw Goo standing in front of him with a suitcase ready. Seeing this, the man let a sigh escape from his lips as both him and Goo were heading to an airport. Truth be told, this man was told to bring Goo back to Korea and was paid a large amount of money to do so.

"But how do you know about Tsutako? Bang told me about the boy's past, but how do yo-"

"Yamazaki Tsutako. Both herself and her father were part of the Yamazaki yakuza clan, but after her mother had another child after the death of her father, she changed her name to Tomioka Tsutako to match her mother and new father-figure."

"So that's your connection.....so I guess that boy could technically be considered your family since he is Tsutako's younger brother. Though I should warn you, he's my ultimate weapon."

"So I made a masterpiece while you made an ultimate weapon. It seems Japan has made some diamonds in the rough while I was away."

[White Ghost:Gun Park]