Chapter 80

~The Next Day~
"Nagi-chan!!!!!"

As he arrived at the Azuma Estate, Nagisa was tackled into a hug as Tobera was the first one to greet him. Honestly, the fact that she was old enough to be his grandma and she was acting like this was slightly starting to scare him. When the boy looked around, he saw Fubuki and Maia looking at him as they bowed their heads.

"I'm happy to see you again, Tomioka-san."

"Yes, thank you for showing up on such short notice."

"There's no need to be so formal Fubuki-san, Maia-san. So, what do you all say to training-"

"Sorry, but that was a lie. We actually came to discuss with you about family matters. That is to say, we don't want to speak with Tomioka Nagisa. Right now, the person we want.....is Yamazaki Nagisa."

As Tobera said this, she motioned for everyone to walk inside of the estate. While this happened, Nagisa noticed the two Azuma's that helped him with his investigation during the Yokohama incident. Though, they looked to be wary. Seeing this, Fubuki decided to at least clear something up for the boy.

"We actually received word from Yamashiro Ren herself. Through a reliable source, she found out that you were in fact a direct relative to the Yamazaki clan. The Yamazaki are a yakuza family said to have ruled the underworld of Japan. Even we of the Azuma Family, who are blessed with abilities from the peach, would have a hard time fighting against them. Especially him.......the current young master of the clan, Gun Park."

"It's as Fubuki says, Nagi-chan. And there's only one reason why Gun would approach you while knowing this information. He wants to make you his successor and to have you lead the Yamazaki. Since you even went as far to agree with Gun, it won't be long before you become the boss."

As Tobera finished this, Nagisa now saw that they were all standing in front of a door that lead to the basement. When Tobera opened it and walked down, Nagisa followed her as Fubuki instructed Maia to stay behind while she followed them as well. Just as Nagisa and the two Azuma's made it to the bottom, Nagisa was surprised to see the two people who were chained to a wall.

"To think I would see you again so soon. Fate must really hate my guts."

"What are you doing here, Kojima Shigeaki?!"

Right before Nagisa, chained up against the wall, was none other than Shigeaki and Hiroaki Kojima

Right before Nagisa, chained up against the wall, was none other than Shigeaki and Hiroaki Kojima. As the two of them looked at Nagisa, they both nodded their heads as Shigeaki looked at Nagisa.

"First thing's first. We do not regret our actions nor will we ask for forgiveness. We simply believe you are not fit to lead the Yamaza-"

"I'm someone highly trusted not only by the Azuma family, but Yamashiro Ren herself. Under my watch, I can ensure that the Yamazaki can still thrive."

"How do you plan to do that, boy?"

"The Yamazaki and Azuma family will form an alliance. We will support the Azuma, and in exchange we gain not only their protection but also the protection of Yamashiro Ren since we all share the goal of unraveling the secrets in Mato. With this, even if the yakuza clan came to light, no one will be able to touch us with two powerhouses backing us up. In exchange, the Yamazaki will gain access to Mato and any info gained as compensation. Not only that, since we are but normal men with no powers, our services won't be cheap. 50,000 yen for each shuuki we kill."

The room was completely silent after hearing Nagisa's proposal. Fubuki, Tobera, and even the Kojima brothers didn't think Nagisa would plan this far ahead. Not only that, the offer was extremely good when you look into it. The Yamazaki had some peach users here and there, plus the men are not to be underestimated. Both Gun and Nagisa are living proof of the fact how strong members of that clan could be without powers. Soon a laugh escaped Tobera's lips as she looked at Nagisa.

"Damn. Now I really wish I could have you in the Azuma family. After hearing a deal like that, i'd want you on the spot. However, I'm not the head of the Azuma anymore. So that decision is up to Fubuki."

"Mother is right, but I must ask, Nagisa. Are you sure you want to lead the Yamazaki?"

"It's better than leaving these fuckers alone. You saw what doing that caused. It's better to have them closer where they can be watched and to offer a deal that is one of a kind and impossible to one-up. Doing that, we not only earn their strength but their loyalty as well by being their best contractors. Besides, I have something I need to do in the future. If things go like how I think, then I need all the manpower I can muster."

"I see. In that case, as head of the Azuma family, I approve of the alliance between both my family and the Yamazaki clan. In fact, Yamashiro Ren already gave her approval. She arranged this meeting for the sole purpose of having this matter sorted out as quickly as possible."

A sigh escaped from Nagisa's lips upon hearing this. Of course Ren would be the one to orchestrate this. Soon, the young boy turned towards the Kojima brothers as he glared at them. As he broke them out of the restraints, he merely said one thing.

"Don't fail me, you two."

"......yes, boss."

~In Mato~
As she was roaming through the desolate land , Medusa was looking around as she noticed something. All around her were multiple corpses of shuuki. However, all of them had something in common. They were all missing a limb as she heard the sound of someone eating.

"Who the hell are you?"

As Medusa heard this voice, she looked upwards as she saw a young man sitting on top of a rock as it looked as if he was eating pieces of a shuuki. The man had sharp yellow eyes and and long silver hair that spikes upward in two large prongs. He has a lean, muscular physique. He wore a tight, black, long-sleeved shirt, loose-fitting white martial arts pants, a yellow sash around his waist, and tai chi slippers on his feet.

"My name is Medusa Gorgon. As for why I am here, I came to make you an offer. One you can't refuse. Will you hear me out? Who knows, you may even be able to settle the score with Bang along with his new disciple."

"So the old man managed to replace me? Interesting, ok then. Tell me about my new kouhai."

[The Monster of Mankind, Garou]