Chapter 39

~Flashback~
"Vector Plate!!!"

Medusa summoned several arrows on the ground

Medusa summoned several arrows on the ground. The moment she stepped on one, her body was propelled in the direction the arrow was pointing at as she was behind Mahoraga. However, the witch was shocked when Mahoraga grabbed her by the leg and repeatedly slammed her body in to the ground before throwing her through a wall.

"Vector Arrow!"

Medusa summons arrows that, like snakes, move rapidly towards Mahoraga

Medusa summons arrows that, like snakes, move rapidly towards Mahoraga. They cut through several pieces of metal and rubble just to make their way towards Mahoraga, only for the creature to cut all of them apart with the blade located on its right hand. However, the moment Mahoraga dashed towards Medusa, the woman smirked.

"Vector Arrow ×3!"

Suddenly, Mahoraga was now faced with triple the amount of arrows as opposed to previously

Suddenly, Mahoraga was now faced with triple the amount of arrows as opposed to previously. It could feel them piercing into its flesh, however the creatures grabbed a hold of these arrows as it pulled on them with all its might. Since the arrows were originating from Medusa's back, the woman was pulled towards Mahoraga as she felt it's blade stab into her chest.

The creature smirked as it slammed Medusa onto the ground and shortly began to stomp where he slammed her. Just before Mahoraga could stomp on her body, Medusa swiftly made a vector plate appear on the ground where she was lying on as it shot her to the left as she dodged Mahoraga's foot.

"Vector Arrows ×3!!!!"

Once more, Medusa launched several arrows at the beast. However, Mahoraga didn't even bother to dodge it as the wheel above it began to turn. Medusa noticed how her attack didn't even seem to do as much damage as she thought it would. Suddenly Mahoraga grabbed her by the face as it dragged her by the wall.

"My attacks.......they aren't doing as much damage as I thought. No, it's not that. It's something more."

Suddenly Mahoraga threw Medusa's body threw a wall with all its might. Just as quickly as it threw her, Mahoraga chased down Medusa with great speed. Seeing the creature speeding towards her, Medusa produced several vector plates all pointing backwards. However, something unexpected happened. Instead of being propelled backwards, Mahoraga was just reaching her faster as it's blade cut her perfectly down the middle.

"Don't tell, this thing can adapt to any and all phenomena. No wonder Shikoku stated even the Commander of the Anti-Demon Corps would struggle. But ......but........my will shall carry on!!!!"

On the ground, in a pool of her own blood with her body cut in half, Medusa was dead. Soon Mahoraga began to go back inside of the ring as Nagisa was left underneath the rubble. His vision was starting to get blurry, his hearing slowly fading in and out. However, Nagisa could've sworn that he heard some people talking.

"It would seem there are no survivors, Bang."

"Keep looking! I will not leave until I searched every inch of this place. If I leave even one child behind because I got lazy, I will regret it from even beyond the grave."

Nagisa could barely make keep up his consciousness. Just as he felt a little sleepy, he felt a pair of hands holding onto his right hand. When he looked forward, he saw Bang standing before him. Soon the old man spoke up as he had to be truthful to the boy.

"Young man, you alone are the only survivor. Do you know what happened here?"

".........."

It was a slow start, but soon, Nagisa explained everything that happened to Bang and Tom. Bang's face grew angrier and angrier the more that Nagisa shared his recap. Soon the old man motion for Tom to give him and Nagisa some space. Seeing this, Tom decided to head to a nearby gate by himself as Bang looked towards Nagisa.

"So then, tell me, what will you do? Do you want revenge?"

"......at first, I thought that's what I wanted but now......I'm not so sure."

"Then, let this old man offer you some advice. As the only one who heard her last words, you alone have the power to carry out Tomioka Tsutako's last wish. So I will ask again, what will you do?"

When Bang asked him this question, Nagisa simply looked at the ring his sister gave him. Just thinking about living a life without her felt unbearable. Tears were slowly streaming down the boy's face. Why was he in this situation? Why was he forced to make a decision like this? He hated it, he hated every second of it. All he wanted was to live peacefully with the only family he had left.

"Old man...I..........."

"Yes, Tomioka Nagisa?"

"I......I...........I want to live!!!!!"

~Flashback ends~
"After that, I took Nagisa under my wing and soon enough began to train him. Though we may not be related by blood, I view that boy as if he was my own son."

As Bang finished his story, he saw the expression on Goo's face. It was quiet, yet serious. The man simply took out his phone as he was making a call, by the time the phone was picked up, Goo spoke to the person on the other side.

"Nagisa, where are you now?"

"With the First Unit alongside with Tenka and the others. We just arrived and I plan on sparring with the First Unit Chief and-"

"After that, come back here immediately. It's about time I do what I was paid to do. Plus you're part of my secret friends so consider this a bonus. Tomioka Nagisa, after training with me, you'll be a bigger monster than anyone else."

"Heh. Fine then, try not make this boring, Kim Joon Goo!"

After saying this, Goo heard Nagisa hang up the phone. Soon Goo turned his gaze towards Bang, who looked at him in confusion. Seeing this, Goo simply smirked as he fixed his glasses.

"What's with that look old man? A kid that fucked up is now doing as he pleases and even going as far as doing crazy shit like fighting along with the Anti-Demon Corps. After learning all that, how could I not root for that crazy bastard. Plus the fact the Fighting Genius let him live despite an order to erase any trace of the project shows this might be worth the investment."

"Then that means ......"

"Get ready Bang, it's about time we teach Nagisa the true gap between us and himself."