The Overwhelmed Dean

Dean will cry in this chapter so get ready!

Phil looked over at his daughter, clearly seeing that she was annoyed that he was here. It hurt him a lot, but he knew that she had her reasons.

He looked back to Leslie and sent her a small smile," I should probably head to the station to settle this."

Leslie could see how heartbroken Phil was and she didn't want him to leave. She could also see that Riley was about to snap at Phil, an she certainly didn't want that either. Phil was leaving and Leslie was happy because it meant Riley would start being a bitch to him.

"Call us when the final decision is made." Leslie told him. He placed a quick kiss on her forehead before standing up.

"I'll see you guys later." He said before walking off the bus.

"Did you call him?' Riley asked Leslie. Roman immediately stood up, knowing that he shouldn't get involved with these two.

Leslie rolled her eyes," Yes, I called him. What's the big deal? Dean needed a lawyer and you know that your dad has one of the best lawyers in the country, so I called him."

"There are many people you could have called." Riley muttered, taking a seat across from Leslie.

"Riley, why are you so annoyed by this?" Leslie asked," Your dad basically gave dropped everything to get us his lawyer, and to get here himself to make sure you were okay."

Riley rolled her eyes," Stop making it seem like he cares, Les, he doesn't."

Leslie looked at her best friend in disbelief. She couldn't believe that Riley though that Phil didn't care about her. Phil did everything for her, and even though he isn't around often, he tries to be the best dad from wherever around the world he is.

"How could you even say that?" Leslie questioned," You know when I told him that we needed his lawyer, the first thing he asked was if me and you got into trouble. He told his driver to stop because his daughters were in trouble. He was worried, Riley."

Riley bit the inside of her cheek in slight anger. She was upset because her dad always did everything for Leslie. Leslie was - in her mind - her dad's primary concern.

"Are you sure he didn't just ask about you?" Riley asked, crossing her arms," He always seems to prefer you over me."

Leslie stood up in anger," I can't fucking believe you right now. He promised to make sure Kenny would rot in jail, even before I told about what he did to me. He's your dad, Riley. He may treat me like a daughter but that's because in case you have forgotten, I don't have my mom or my dad. He cares about you, and I can't believe that you would even think that he didn't."

Riley just stared at Leslie, not knowing what to say. Leslie continued, clearly having more to tell Riley.

"He has done everything for you since your mom died, but you're too stupid to see it. He may be busy, Riley, but that sure as hell doesn't mean that he doesn't care about you." Leslie added," We both know that he tries his best to see you. Maybe he does care about me as well, but he will never care for me like he cares for you. I just need you to see that you probably have the best dad out there, Riley."

Riley stood up, and wrapped her arms around Leslie causing the blanket to wrap around Leslie as well.

"I hate it when you're right." Riley muttered. Leslie laughed.

"Lets get to bed, its almost three in the morning, and I just need some sleep." Leslie told her. Riley nodded.

"Can you stay with me? I don't want to stay alone." Riley told her as they walked through the bunks.