Louis chickenpox- for Baconfire12*extended

Harry thumped on the bathroom door, "the rest of us need some time in the bathroom too Lou, get a move on!"  

They actually had the day off so he wasn't panicked or rushed or anything, just kind of needing a leak and wanting to brush his teeth.

He didn't get a response out of Louis apart from the shower turning on. 

Harry huffed with an amused chuckle, he might've been in a good mood but apparently Louis had gotten up on the wrong side of the bed. He'd been in a strange mood the day before too, oddly quiet half the time and snarky and irritable for the other half. The rest of the lads had taken the mickey out of his pissy mood for the majority of the day which only made Louis angrier and more reserved. 

Now that Harry thought about it, provoking Louis probably wasn't the best idea. He had too many imaginative ways to make their lives as painful as possible as a form of revenge.

It was too late now though, what had been done was done.

"He's still in there?" Liam questioned as he wandered past, heading in the direction of the stairs and most likely the fridge.

"Yeah, and he's just started the shower which means that I'm gonna have to go all the way down stairs to pee," Harry whined, glaring at the carpeted steps that disappeared around the corner. 

"Aw, poor you Haz, you're living such a difficult life," Niall yelled sarcastically from the floor below the rest of them. His voice was slightly distorted, Liam predicted that he was trying to talk past a mouthful of whatever the blond had scrounged up for breakfast.

"I know," Harry grumbled playfully, dragging himself over to the dreaded stairs.

Half an hour later the shower switched off and Niall, Liam and Harry all rushed at the stairs, Harry's earlier adversary to them long forgotten in the frantic dash to claim the bathroom next. Legs and arms were everywhere, and if the steps weren't covered in a soft grey carpet there would probably be more serious injuries than carpet burn. 

Liam managed to snatch his leg out of Niall's death grip and escape the knot of limbs, crawling rapidly to the top of the stairs and almost falling head over heels when he got to his feet mid-movement. Strangled cries followed him but he couldn't hear any footsteps and he laughed to himself, realising that Harry and Niall had both given up. 

He subconsciously rubbed at the small patch of raw skin on his elbow while he waited for the door to open.

Ten minutes later and he was beginning to get impatient. Louis was normally in and out of the bathroom, teasing everyone else for spending too much time on their hair or whatever, so it was a little weird that he had spent so much time in there. In fact, it was almost eleven o' clock now and Liam still hadn't caught a single sight of the older lad since yesterday.

"What the hell are you doing in there, Lou?" He asked, knowing full well that Louis could hear him perfectly fine.

A quiet, annoyed sounding sigh from behind the door.

Louis finally replied after a few seconds of hesitant silence, "I'm sick Li. . ."

 He peered at himself in the mirror one more time in case he'd imagined the whole thing. Unfortunately he still looked the same as he had when he'd first caught sight of his appearance in the reflection. If anything, the shower had only made it worse, not to mention the tired dark circles under his eyes and the sick glossiness of his eyes. His face was flushed too. 

"Mate, that sucks, but I really would like a turn in the bathroom."

 Liam frowned, confused as to why Louis was acting so strangely. So, he was sick, usually he was a bit of a hardass when he was sick, keeping to himself apart from a complaint every now and then. The way he'd spoken just now had surprised Liam, his friend sounded completely defeated.