40. Early morning storms

The crashing of thunder early in the morning stirred half of the city. Naomi jumped in fright as one especially loud ones woke her from her slumber.

"AEFGHJK!" She said as she tumbled off of the couch.

"You're making weird noises again," the bags under Yvette's eyes said that she'd been awake longer than she'd have liked. Her hair was a nightmare and her snarled tease as she drank her coffee came off as agitated more than anything light hearted.

"I fell." She rubbed her head, "What are you doing up? And what's that noise outside there aren't even any clouds."

"I fed a stray cat and she never left," she pointed to a half dressed Alea helping her cheery self to some coffee while her cat tail swished in the air. "And I can only guess that gods forsaken racket is our master." She sat on the cushioned chair next to the couch and rubbed her temples.

Alea bounded over and sat on Yvette's feet while she drank her coffee and purred. "You make the best coffee, darling."

"Why don't you go find out what he's doing?" Yvette snarled through her blushing cheeks.

"I already know what he's doing." Alea purred. "He's training some new elementals for his next quest."

"New Elementals?" Naomi stood up to get some coffee.

"Yes, he invented a new type and today is their debut against my Valkyries."

"I'm not even surprised anymore." Naomi poured herself a cup.

"It's too early to be surprised." Yvette sipped at her coffee.

One of the bedrooms opened to reveal their mother as the thunder kept ringing. "You ladies are up early." She sniffed the air. "Who made coffee?"

"Darling did." Alea purred.

"Darling?"

"That's me, I can't get her to stop, or go away." Yvette glared at the complacent high elemental.

"I see... it's not often you make coffee. Naomi will you pour me a cup while you're over there." A blast of thunder rang in the distance. "Something tells me it's going to be a long day."

"Master said he has a present for the guild when everyone wakes up." Alea sipped her coffee.

"Yep, it's going to be a long day, better start another pot. Naomi when you're done with your cup will you go wake the girls downstairs and send tell Pete to fetch Nyana and Yan. Yvette, you and I are on breakfast. We'll wake the boys when it's time to eat and make them do the dishes, knowing those lunk heads they are probably sleeping through all this noise."

** ** **

To Wendy's shock, the four Dravenkin were already awake and cooking breakfast.

"This is a pleasant surprise." Wendy said.

Don had blue angled hunter tattoos over his body. He wasn't the largest of the four, but he was well respected. He spoke up first as he topped off a plate and handed a brilliant looking meal over to Wendy.

"We can't take all the credit. While we were fumbling around in the kitchen, your husband came over and showed us the ropes."

"We are so used to cooking over an open fire, just using your stove had us all ready to tear each other's throats out." Said Clu, he was the largest and the seams of his butler outfit struggled to contain him. He had a rough but charming exterior made only slightly softer by the spiraling purple hunters tattoos.

"He calmed us down and even showed us how to make this. I didn't know so many city elves ate meat, I thought that you were all vegan prudes." Laughed a thin but tall elf named Dinus, he had smart features with green rings lining his body as his hunter's tattoos.