52. Rise form the ashes

"MOM!"

"Yvette, there is no need to shout."

Wendy was helping get the guests situated after the duel. It had caused quite the uproar in the café and many guests weren't accustomed to the excitement. There were however, a few from the old days that reminisced about the old guild and the age of raids when Brother Calloway led the defense of the city.

Many of the residents had never seen such powerful attacks in the city limits and few couldn't believe how strong the buildings were, since none of them even seemed scratched by the violent backlash of the attacks.

The local elementals had already begun repairing the city but to everyone's surprise they seemed excited about it. Even if they were just fixing the roads and some foliage.

"Mom, I'd like to borrow one of the Dravenkin."

Wendy looked over Yvette, who had her adventuring gear on. Between her knives to her bow and quiver, she looked ready to take on an army.

"Why do you need to borrow one of the Dravenkin?"

"I'm going to do some training."

Wendy looked at her daughter who was normally so mild-mannered.

"Cal said to give you girls a couple days off, there is no need-"

"Then it's up to me to decide how I use my time off, right?"

Wendy sighed.

"Is this really what you want to do?"

Yvette nodded.

"Ow!" A voice came from under one of the nearby tables in the café. Naomi peeked out from under the table while rubbing her head. "I wanna go too!"

Wendy examined her daughters standing before her. Their eyes glistened with something she hadn't seen since the days of the old guild. A newfound sense of adventure.

Cal's spirit is really getting around isn't it. Wendy thought.

"Very well, both Dinus and Clu are available at the moment. What do you plan on doing with them?"

"We're going to go grind some levels in the forest." Yvette answered, she seemed abnormally determined.

"I wanna go too!" Ophelia ran into Wendy skirts and looked up with her adorable pleading face. Unfortunately, for her Wendy already had two daughters and was more-or-less immune to puppy dog eyes.

Wendy pet Ophelia's head and answered her. "I'm sorry sweety, but you and I have to wait for your papa to come home."

Ophelia pouted, "But I wanna go..."

"Don't worry sweety, I'm sure your father has all sorts of adventures in mind that he's going to take you on."

Wendy looked at two grinning Dravenkin who had come out from the back of the café. As soon as she called their names their backs straightened.

"Dinus, Clu. Will you come here for a moment."

""Yes Ma'am""

** ** **

Alea lay in bed staring at the ceiling. Her arms and chest were wrapped with soft bandages. Tiki had done what she could to heal her, but she couldn't mend Alea's broken spirit.

It was evening and the red sunlight spilled into her room as the soft smell of the café wafted around the room.

"You're not looking so hot, Boots."