70. The knights gather

Fauna was exhausted. This was all too much for her! She stumbled down the castle hallway that had the Sylvan knight's residences.

Cal was her worst nightmare. He was competent, organized, and even charming. But when it came down to it, he made her job so much harder than it was before. Not only were she and her forces supposed to do their regular duties, they were supposed to gather information on the Diests, run fake investigations for show for the nobles, give regular reports to them under the table like it was their idea, and watch any movements against the guild and their members.

Clera was in charge of the city guard and royal guard, but Fauna often worked on investigations and information gathering.

She was spent body and spirit.

In a familiar section of the castle there were a line of six doors on either side of the lengthy hallway. Behind each door was a residence of one of the Sylvan Knights.

Standing in front of a door that wasn't hers, she knocked and prayed to Gaia its resident was there this late in the evening.

"Clera are you up?" Her voice was almost as pathetic as she felt.

"The door's open, come in." Clera responded.

She didn't even close the door behind her and came into the room to see Clera sitting her bed with a book. The gorgeously curvy woman looked so relaxed that Fauna let down her guard and whined like a teenager, tears in all.

"Clera..." Fauna pleaded.

Clera smiled, she put away her book and pat her thighs offering Fauna a lap pillow.

Fauna was too prideful to bawl like a little girl, she sniffled when she approached the bed and collapsed into Clera's pillowy thighs.

"There there, Fauna. You've been doing such a good job, please let me help you relax." Clera's mothering nature came out as she started running her fingers through Fauna's silky hair.

"You're too good for this world Clera." Fauna said into Clera's thighs but couldn't move.

"Calloway relies on you a lot, it just goes to show how dependable you are."

"Thanks, Clera."

Clera felt Fauna's face heat up at the much-needed praise, but decided not to mention it as she stroked her hair and gentle scratched her back.

Voices came from the hallway through the open door.

Flamel had her arms interlocked with Gisela since she was stumbling down the hallway. Once again smelling like hard liquor.

"Come on, I know you're happy but getting this plastered two nights in a row is just too much." Gisela reprimanded.

"Lighten up poopy pants." Flamel reached around and grabbed herself a handful of Gisela ass.

"How many times do I have to tell you to stop doing that!" Gisela fumed.

"Hey, look Clera's up. Let's see if she wants a drink. Unless you'd rather go back to my room for another round of-"

"Clera!" Gisela appeared in the doorway propping a barely standing and drunken blonde. "Save me, please."

"Certainly, please come in." Clera smiled even though Fauna was sighing that her peace and quiet was being interrupted.

"Oh hi *burp* Fauna, I wanted to talk to you about a favor." Flamel stumbled into the room.

Clera's bed was significantly bigger than the rest of the knights, so there was enough room for both Gisela and Flamel to flop down on it too.