66. Knights of air and water

Knock, knock, knock.

....

Knock, knock, knock, knock.

.......

BANG BANG!

"Flamel, I don't have time for this!" Cal and Shayley snuck back into the castle. He decided to send Seamus with another one of the Archdruids to meet with another one of the nearby clans to try and get more support.

The door flung open, "Thank Gaia you are here!" A half modest Elf girl opened the door with her long pink hair hanging around her face.

Shayley was shocked. "Gisela! Why are you here?"

"It's Flamel, she's been on a bender!" There were bags under eyes.

""!?""

Flamel stumbled to the doorway. She had a bottle in one hand, and the closer she got the more it smelled like alcohol.

She used her free hand to pull the long blond hair out of her eyes. Her face was traditionally beautiful in the manner of the elves even if her eyes were red and puffy.

"You!" She pointed at Cal with a drunken wave of her hand. "This is all *burp* your fault!" She looked at Shayley and point at her too. "You too." She then took another swig of her bottle.

"I thought I got rid of them all, were did she find that." Gisela tried to grab the bottle.

"No! This is mine, Get your own *burp*." Flamel cradled the bottle against her chest.

When Gisela wouldn't give up, Flamel screamed. "NOooOoO!" She ran inside then tripped landing with the bottle outstretch in front of her. "owwwwww" she moaned.

"Sorry, so so so sorry, she's been like this all night." Gisela apologized.

Flamel rolled over onto her back and tried to drink for the bottle.

Gisela left Cal and Shayley at the door, and rushed to grabbed the bottle. "Nonono, give me that!"

"No, give it back!" Flamel held her hands out to it and then curled into the fetal position. "I need it, you don't under *burp* stand." She began to cry.

Gisela let out a long sigh. She looked at Cal, "It's been just like this, ALL NIGHT. I had to drag her out of a tavern just after dark last night."

"What did you do!" Shayley poked Cal in the chest.

"Hey, she blamed you too." Cal let himself into the room, slipping by Shayley's daggers.

On the floor crying was the powerful leader of the Air clan, the sylvan knight of Air, Flamel. Standing above her was the calm and cool beauty the Sylvan knight of water, Gisela.

Cal sighed. This was not a good sign, in fact, he'd go as far as to say that it was a bad sign, a very bad sign.

"Shayley, come in and lock the door behind you. Gisela can you sound proof the room for us?" Cal started issuing orders he leaned over Flamel and placed her under a sleeping spell.

He lifted her up in a princess carry and moved her to her bed.

"Cal, I've really got to know what you did to her. I've never seen her this bad." Gisela sighed. "She keeps spouting random nonsense about being a fool and apologizing to me and everyone on the council. I'm really concerned."

Shayley stood over Cal as he began applying healing magic, hopefully some poison cure spells would get enough of the alcohol out of her system so she could give her full report.

"I only asked her one thing." Cal's grim expression didn't help. "To investigate the Elemental Half-breeds."

Gisela, and Shayley looked at each other like they hadn't even remembered their existence.

Cal was excited to meet all the half-breeds of the city and investigate how there were connected to him and how they survived as a child of a summoned creature. Surely his creations hadn't been loveless and celibate for the last two hundred years.

"My daughter is a mix between an elf and dryad. But I haven't seen any around the city. None come into the café, nobody even talks about them. But I know that elementals and other races can mix. It's been two centuries, where are all of them?"

"Now that you mention it, the nymphs aren't nearly as flirtatious as they were a hundred years ago. And I know some of them married, even had kids, but I haven't seen any half-breeds." Gisela's face got darker.

"I don't like the direction this conversation is heading, especially when accounting for Flamel's behavior." Shayley felt her body shiver.

It didn't take much to guess that Flamel wasn't going to have any sort of good news.