Bucky Barnes -9-

Brooklyn, New York: Your hometown and the place you met the two greatest best friends anyone could dream of having

Brooklyn, New York: Your hometown and the place you met the two greatest best friends anyone could dream of having. James 'Bucky' Barnes and Steve Rogers might have been very different from each other, but you had aspects of both their personalities that connected them well. You were quite the pretty gal, Bucky had to say, though he never spoke up about it. When he was enlisted in the army, you insisted on throwing a farewell party. Bucky saw this as perhaps his last chance to tell you how he felt, but he just wasn't sure how. When a handsome fellow (who Bucky didn't know was your cousin) asked you to dance and you quickly accepted, his spirits fell. Maybe you just didn't love him in the way he certainly loved you...

As the night wore on, Steve finally arrived, having tried to enlist as the party began (again, and once more failed the medical portion of the test), and the pair talked quietly at the edge of the dance floor all night. A short, rather good-looking girl came over at one point and actually asked Steve for a dance, to his utter surprise. He accepted, of course, at Bucky's insistence, but that left the dark-haired young man alone once again. He watched you sway and twirl and having fun as you danced with handsome fellow after handsome fellow (most of them your relations, but Bucky didn't know that), and his spirits drooped even more. Soon, he was preparing to leave early when he felt a hand on his sleeve and turned to see you, smiling wide at him.

"Want to dance?"