Bucky Barnes -11-

You were a spy for the Allies, and a darn good one at that- but even your excellent persuasion skills wouldn't get you out of this one

You were a spy for the Allies, and a darn good one at that- but even your excellent persuasion skills wouldn't get you out of this one. You, along with the American soldiers of the 107th Regiment, had been captured by the enemy in an overwhelming surprise attack. The war had been tough on you, as you'd lost all your family to it, but somehow you'd remained strong and optimistic. A little setback like this wouldn't bring you down. You looked around at your fellow Americans and leaned back against the wall of the prison, beginning to whistle a tune you were sure was familiar to all of them.

The man seated next to you listened for a moment before joining in. You dared to begin singing the words, shooting a glance at the guards, but they didn't seem to care. Your voice grew along with the man's and you smiled at him, receiving a cocky grin in return as more and more prisoners joined the music. It spread like wildfire and before long, your combined voices echoes throughout the cells, loud and fierce and defiant, and the man beside you took your hand in a gesture of thanks.

"Sir! The prisoners are up to something!"

The red-faced director of the HYDRA experimental base chomped on the end of his cigar, rising from his chair with a menacing expression. The singing far below was dim, reaching his ears like the thundering of a dragon. He frowned.

"What is that?"

"They- They're singing, sir!"