Clint Barton -10-

It had been a year since you had joined the Avengers and made many great friends while on the team of heroes

It had been a year since you had joined the Avengers and made many great friends while on the team of heroes. Your best friend was Clint Barton, known to most as Hawkeye. You two were like peas and carrots, so close a few of your more-distant friends assumed you two were dating. Whenever this happened, you would both laugh and brush it off, joking about later, but as of late, you had noticed Clint was less-inclined to laugh heartily and more likely to instead offer a few chuckles but glance at you when he thought you weren't looking. Well, you were, and it made you wonder if he liked you in return. So today you thought why not talk to your good friend Steve Rogers about that. You called Steve into the lounge and after a moment, he walked in and plopped down on the armchair in front of the couch you sat on. Steve offered you a pleasant smile and took off his sunglasses as you smiled back at him, a little twinkle in your eye.

"So how can I help you, Y/N?"

"Does Clint like me, Steve? As in, a crush?"

Steve's eyes widened and his eyebrows shot up rather comically at your question. He gave a wide smile and chuckled, waving his hands dramatically as if he had no clue.

"You'll see, Y/N. You'll see."

You leaned back in your chair, smiling from ear-to-ear. Apparently Clint had something big planned, something to reveal his feelings or whatnot.

"Thanks, Steve."

He winked conspiratorially, putting his sunglasses back on and standing up, leaving with these 'innocent' words of parting: "Thanks for what?"