Thor -8-

For this mission, the Avengers had decided to split into partners, to cover more ground

For this mission, the Avengers had decided to split into partners, to cover more ground. When trying to corner a criminal mastermind in his own headquarters, they determined it would be best to have as many exits blocked off as possible. They currently had an odd number, however, which meant there would either be a group of three or someone going solo, but neither arrangement would work well for this particular assignment. Fury, when he heard about this issue, sent down someone to even out the numbers. This person, Y/F/N Y/L/N, was basically Fury's secret weapon, he'd had her trained 'behind the scenes' by the best of the best, and he now believed she was ready to prove her merit.

A knock on the door was what first alluded to Y/N's arrival to the team, and before long, they'd realized she'd be a valuable asset on this mission, as well as helpfully evening out the groups. Thor, who'd been eyeing Y/N with curious wonderment, stepped forward when Steve Rogers asked who'd be who's partner. He picked up Mjölnir, tossed it effortlessly, and announced;

"You're all not worthy... to partner up with me."

Y/N chuckled and held her hand up as if she wanted to be thrown something, reacting just as Thor had hoped she would.

"Let's test that out, shall we?"

Mjölnir shook in Thor's hand and he looked down with surprise. Seconds later, Y/N was standing before him, holding his hammer as if it weighed not an ounce in her hand and smirking.

"I suppose this is yours... partner."