Pizza

"Mary I just got a call from Sal", Jake says not looking happy. "Yeah is he good?", I ask looking up. "No Sal's burnt down, he thinks it's arson" I drop my pen and grab my coat.
We pulled up to Sal's, "No, No, No, Sal's can't be gone", I say getting out of the car. Pretty soon, Jake started fighting with the fire chief so I took a look at the crime scene and where he keeps his sauce was obviously broken into. "Jake", I yell wanting to show him this. "Hey you can't be in here", how did the chief find me. "No sir Please just let me do my job" "Sorry but your brother ruined that chance for you" of course he did and I walked out.
So after questioning a bunch of pizzeria owners all we got is a bunch of pissed off  cooks. "Don't worry Jake we are gonna find who did this", Dad and Jake used to be close and he would always take Jake there after baseball I would go too but I don't really remember. That was before he left. "I'm fine Mar, really"

"Guys please help there is a crash down that way something is going on fire but I can't tell what I ran here as fast as I could. It's about 3 blocks down then three more to the left", the fire fighters thanked me and started running. "Come on Jakie" and we head in. "Hello Peralta" The a big light turns on. "Ahhhh" I scream and fall on the ground with my brother trying to catch me but only softening he fall. "What the hell Oswalt!" I scream, then try to catch my breath. My brother starts fighting (verbally) with him but when I finally get up, Oswalt punches Jake. "Hey you son of a bitch" I punch him in the face.  He just goes after Jake and the firefighters behind us step towards me. "Sir we can't hit a girl" but then cops come in and start hitting them. I just watch knowing it would be unfair if I could hit them but they can't hit me back.

Jakie is so open about our dad and I'm not so when he told the captain and Oswalt ,people who didn't know, I just walked out. The less people who know the better ok. But Jake is just cool and fine with it. Everyone at the office already knows and whenever the word dad comes up it's awful. I just went to the car to wait for Jake.
"Mary?" Oh god I don't want to talk about it. "Hey Jake" "you ok?" I sigh, "Yeah I don't want to talk about it" "I think we" I cut him off. "I don't want to talk about it" I get out. "I'm walking back, Go solve it please"
I was at home watching the Arrow and I got up to answer the door. "I brought you some pie" "thanks Jake, good solve today buddy" "Thanks, Mar we have to talk about it" "No we don't, you want some", I say cutting out a piece. "No but why won't you" I sighed and put the pie down, "Because I don't get too" "What" "I barely knew him Jakie you did and after that you had to take care of me so I don't get to complain especially with you" I say with tears start. "But Mary he was your dad and you always have the right to talk about him", he says and gives a big brother hug. Then we ate the whole pie.