Morning

Takes place during Race to the Edge. Hiccup and Astrid are dating.

Astrid woke up. She heard birds singing outside, the distant rumble of the see and someone snoring lightly beside her. She opened her eyes and saw Hiccup. The boy's snuffing was really adorable.

He was still sleeping, and Astrid didn't wanted to wake him up. His left arm was under the girl's head, and their legs were absolutely entangled. Unfortunately, she was always a morning person, so she couldn't stand, just laying there, doing nothing. But there was no way of getting up, without waking up her boyfriend too.

Eventually her urge to do something won. Hiccup wouldn't really mind it anyway, she thought. She freed her legs, then rolled over from her back, to her stomach and moved to the boys face to leave a kiss on his jaw.

"Hiccup," whispered Astrid. "Are you up?"

The boy slowly opened his mouth and growled something.

"I didn't understand a word," laughed Astrid.

"I said, don't wake up yet," muttered Hiccup, slightly clearer this time. His eyes were still closed, and he repositioned himself, while he was half asleep, so he was facing her now.

Astrid could have just left him there, but she didn't wanted to do that. Not at all. Being with Hiccup but not doing anything was definitely better than doing something but being alone. So she insisted.

"Come on, Haddock!" Astrid said reassuringly. "You already slept too much."

Hiccup just growled again. The girl was quite sure, that this time he didn't even try to say something. How could someone be so adorable and so annoying at the same time? Astrid grabbed one of his arms, lifted it up, then released it. Hiccup's arm instantly dropped down, as if the boy was unconscious. He growled again.

Astrid laid back with a dissatisfied sigh. She looked at Toothless, who was lazing near the bed: "Do you have any idea?" The dragon just rolled his eyes, then put his head back to his legs. This most likely meant no.

Astrid tried a different approach now. "Aren't you hungry?" She asked Hiccup.

"Hungry?" Asked back the boy on a sleepy voice, his eyes still closed. "You can eat if want to. Toothless?" The Night Fury lifted his head and slowly regurgitated a fish. He put it right next to Hiccup's bed.

Astrid couldn't help, but laughed. This couldn't be real. "You two set this up, aren't you?" She saw Hiccup smiling under his nose. He was just playing around with her. "You..." she threatened him. The boy was openly laughing now.

Astrid grabbed a pillow and pushed it into Hiccup's face. Then she jumped over the boy, trying to grab and tie down his hands. But Hiccup was protesting, so they started to fight, while they were both laughing. It didn't last long though, since after some playful moments, Toothless tried to join in, by jumping right over both of them.

"Oh, great..." Hiccup said with his lungs squeezed. "We've talked about this bud." The dragon turned his head joyfully, to look the boy in the eyes. He and Astrid were almost choking now. "Get off."

Toothless finally decided, that he had had enough fun for that morning, and graciously jump off the bed. Then, the couple just laid there for one or two minutes, catching their breaths and laughing from time to time.

When Astrid was finally about to get up, she looked over to Hiccup, but the boy's eyes were closed and his breathing was rhythmical. "Oh boy..." She said to herself. "Hiccup! Did you seriously go back to sleep?"

"Just five more minutes," the boy muttered.

"And you want me to wait that out here, doing nothing," Astrid said sarcastically.

"Come here, maybe?" Hiccup asked, as he reached out for her. He grabbed the girl on her waist and pulled her closer to himself. She just rolled her eyes, but didn't protest.

Astrid felt Hiccup's body pushing to her back. The boy rested one of his legs on hers and buried his face into her neck. She felt his stubble, softly tickling her skin and his deep breaths, warming up her shoulder. It wasn't bad actually. Wasn't bad at all. Astrid eased into this position, relaxing her body and clasping her hand with Hiccup's on her stomach. She could feel the boy, smiling at her neck. How didn't she realise, it can be this wonderful to just lay next to the boy, until now?

"We can stay a couple more minutes, of you would like to," she said finally.

If you have any comments, constructive criticism or story suggestions, please leave them here. I love reading about your thoughts.

Thank you for reading! Have a good day/night!