"That"

Happens somewhere between Race to the Edge and How to Train Your Dragon 2. Hiccup and Astrid are around 19 here.

It was a bright, warm day in the summer. Hiccup and Astrid were lying on their sheet, on a hidden, grassy beach, not far from Berk. They managed to escape from their everyday routine and spend some time alone, far from everything. They had already had a swim in the refreshing water, and now they were drying beneath the sun.

Hiccup looked over at Astrid. The girl was lying on her back with closed eyes, to avoid the brightness of the sunshine. She was wearing only her underwears, and little drops of water still spotted her skin. She was beautiful. The boy turned to his side, to face her, and raised to his elbow. With one of his fingers, he started to draw little circles onto her bare shoulder. Astrid opened her eyes and turned her head to him with a smile.

"Hey," she greeted the boy. They were looking into each other's eyes, and Hiccup couldn't help but lean over her and kiss her deeply, to which Astrid responded with kissing him back. Hiccup grinned into the passionate kiss. With one of his arms, he started caressing the girl's stomach, and she giggled into their kiss too. She put an arm onto his back and didn't let him go, even when he wanted to pull back. When they finally took apart, a loud 'pop' was heard, and they were both panting.

"What was that?" asked the boy, with a happy, childish smile on his face, as he went back to his place on the sheet.

"Mhm," pouted Astrid as she shrugged, like if she was saying: I don't know. The boy chuckled at her and lay back beside her.

"Hiccup?" asked the girl after a while with something unusual in her voice.

"Hm?" responded the boy with closed eyes.

"We have never talked about that." Hiccup's eyes opened in an instant, but he didn't move just yet.

"About what?" he asked carefully.

"About that," she responded knowingly, but Hiccup remained silent. She let out a frustrated and maybe bit nervous sigh. "Sleeping together," she explained on a low voice. "I mean... Like that."

"Ah, that," said Hiccup uncertainly. He raised to his elbow again and looked at the girl. "I mean... That?"

"Yes, that," answered through her clenched teeth Astrid.

"Okay, okay. So... That," he responded, as he tried to play idiot to cover his nervousness.

"Hiccup..." said his name Astrid on a menacing voice, as she started to get up and shook her head furiously.

"Hey, hey, hey," responded instantly the boy, grabbing her shoulder, and gently pressing her back to the sheet to prevent the storm. "Fine," he said seriously as he looked into her eyes. "We can talk about it... I mean... Why do you exactly want to talk about it?"

Astrid couldn't respond instantly. Instead, she bit her upper lip and avoided his gaze. "I don't know..." she admitted sheepishly. "We have never talked about that, so... I thought," she stopped for a moment and shrugged. "We could talk about it."

"Ah, yes. That makes sense," said Hiccup slowly, as he rubbed the back of his head. He bit the inside of his mouth. "But... You know, that's something what's usually done by people, and not talked about. Maybe we should just do it as well," he said as he raised his eyebrows, and a little smile appeared in the corner of his mouth.

Astrid threw a big punch into his shoulder. "All right," said Hiccup before he could even breath. "We won't do it, then."

"No, that's not what I..." responded the girl, but was cut off, when she saw the sassy grin on her betrothed's face. "You..." she said menacingly with a smile she couldn't hide, even when she bit her lip. Soon, she turned serious again. "I want it to happen," she said, on a nervous tone.