Cuddles

I'm back from my vacation! It was great, but now it's time to get back to good old Hiccstrid. Basically, right now I just wanted to write something quick and sweet about them, so here you go:

Hiccup was awakened by the noises in his room. He stretched his arms, opened his eyes and saw that Astrid was coming towards their bed.

"What were you doing?" he asked in a husky voice, as he feasted his eyes on his beautiful girl.

"Ah, not much," she responded, acting modestly. "Got up with the sun... Fed Stormfly and Toothless... Went for a morning run and took a bath... I think that's all." She settled down on the bed and crawled up to Hiccup on her knees. "And you were...?" she asked him, raising her eyebrows playfully.

"Oh, you are turning this into a competition, aren't you?" realized the boy.

"No!" protested Astrid. She lay down beside him and put her hand onto his chest, where she started to draw small circles with her fingers. "Maybe... You have to admit, I did a lot more things than you."

"So, if it was a competition, you would be the winner, that's what you are trying to imply here?" laughed Hiccup.

"You said it, not me," giggled the girl.

"Well," sighed Hiccup as he turned to his side and wrapped his arms around his betrothed. Astrid didn't try to protest, so he turned her over and pulled her back to his chest, as his arms rested on her stomach. "In that case, I have to tell you: last night, while you were sleeping, I finished the new tail for Toothless, started working on another one, made some food for Dad, for when he would come home and sharpened your axe."

"Really?" asked back the girl in excitement, she couldn't hide after Hiccup's last point. That axe really needed a sharpening, but she just couldn't get around to do it. "Let me see it," she asked, as she moved towards the corner, where the boy left it last night.

"No!" whined Hiccup, and he tightened on his grip, to keep her there. "Stay here," he pouted as he pressed his face against the back of her neck. "We haven't even chosen a winner yet."

"You are the winner," told him Astrid quickly. With a clever move, she got out of his embrace and turned to face him. "Come on, let me see it. I want to know how good it is, in case, I would have to make some imrovements."

"Improvements?" echoed the boy indignantly. "Don't worry, it's perfect. And you will have plenty of time to check it out, a bit later," he said as he moved closer to her and pressed his head against her shoulder.

"Boy, you are really cuddly today, aren't you?"

"It's early morning. What else am I supposed to be?" asked Hiccup and he groaned in satisfaction as he moved his head to a more comfortable place on the girl.

"All right," gave in Astrid as she put her arms around the back of the boy. "You can have a couple of minutes."

"Thank you Milady," said Hiccup on a low voice, while he left a kiss on the girl's shoulder.

If you have any comments, constructive criticism or story suggestions, please leave them here. Thank you for reading and have a good day/night!