The Week - Monday (Modern AU)

Stoick had left, so Hiccup and Astrid has a whole week, they can spend by themselves in the empty house. They are 19 here.

"Okay. Babe!" addressed the boy Astrid from his couch.

"Yes?" asked back Hiccup. He was sitting by his desk, typing something into his notebook.

"You do realize, I've been here for ten minutes, right?"

"Of course I do," responded the boy, still typing.

"Okay, then let me rephrase this: Why am I here?"

"What, you don't wanna be here?"

Astrid groaned in frustration, and she dropped back to the couch. Before she could have started to complain, Hiccup smirked at her:

"Hey, I know what you meant, but we have a whole week ahead of us. We will drive each other crazy, if we try to do everything together."

"You mean, you will drive me crazy," snapped back at him Astrid from the couch. "And yes, I'm sure, that here and there, we will need some time alone, so I think you should really take your chances, while I still want to spend time with you."

"Okay, okay, keep it cool, M'lady," soothed her Hiccup, as he closed down his notebook. "It's your lucky day. I'm done." He stood up and walked to the couch, to drop down beside her. Astrid was still lying in the other corner, her arms crossed in front of her chest. "I'm sorry," lifted his hands apologetically Hiccup. "I told you already; it was my apply for college. I had to finish it in time. I was hoping I would be able to do it, before you arrived, but you came early," he explained.

"So you had absolutely no more chances to finish this stuff than this one," told her cynically Astrid.

"Well... I had some more time," admitted the boy, "but I was afraid, that after you came and we started doing something, I would just forget about it... So? Can we finally move on and greet each other properly?" he asked, after Astrid didn't say anything.

"No more of this college stuff?" asked back the girl.

"I'm done for the whole week. I swear."

"Then we can," smiled at him finally Astrid. She moved closer to his side on the couch, and they leaned in to kiss each other.

"Hello Astrid," smiled at her the boy, after they pulled back.

"Hi, you moron," smiled back at him Astrid, before he punched him in the shoulder. Now, her smile was even wider. "That's for making me wait."

"You know," said the boy as he rubbed his shoulder, "some say a little waiting, and distance just makes a relationship stronger."

"Not this relationship. At least not right now."

Hiccup snorted at her comment. "I've been really looking forward to this week," he told her sincerely.

"Me too," nodded Astrid, and she moved closer to the boy to share another kiss with him. "I had an idea, while I was bored to death, waiting for you..."

"It was only ten minutes," interjected Hiccup.

"While I was bored to death, waiting for you," said the girl again, with more strength. "So, one week is a long time, and I thought, to avoid getting bored again, or not knowing what to do, we should write a bucket list. Just about the stuff, we wanna do this week."

"That's a great idea!" told her the boy sincerely.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah, of course. Let's do it," said Hiccup excitedly, as he grabbed her phone and created a new note.