Watching the Show (modern AU)

I was watching the latest episode of Game of Thrones when I had this idea: Hiccstrid watches the show. There will be spoilers in it, from season 8 episode 6 – sorry!

Hiccup was lying on their couch, looking at the TV. He was watching the latest episode of Astrid's favorite show, Game of Thrones, with the girl. She was sitting at his legs, in the other end of the couch, fixing her beautiful eyes on the screen.

Hiccup only watched it because of her. Not that it wasn't a great show, but the dragons in it... Ridiculous. I mean, they were supposed to continuously grow until their deaths. That's just unreal. Anyway, all the other parts of the show were really good, so he didn't mind watching it once in a week at all. Not to mention, that Astrid always ended up in his arms after around half of an epsiode, because it was just too intense. This time, it happened much earlier.

"I can't believe they killed off Varys," she told him as she climbed onto him, resting her head on his chest, after around five minutes. Hiccup immediately wrapped his arms around her and started to caress her back.

"Come on, it's not that surprising," he responded. "It was built up already."

"I know, I know... But he was a good man."

In the next minutes, they were watching the show in silence. It always amazed Hiccup, how Astrid was never afraid when a horrifying scene was shown, but had to snuggle into him, when one of her favorite character was even in the smallest possible danger. Like in this one, when Jon Snow (who, for some reason, always reminded Hiccup of their friend, Eret) was fighting within Kingslanding. It was quite obvious, that he will be fine, but he felt Astrid's body straining all the time, when a soldier attacked the guy.

"I will be jealous, if you keep worrying like this for Jon," he joked. Astrid didn't answer, but she kept squeezing his hand, while she held her breath. Hiccup just laughed at her and kissed her forehead. "Hey, m'lady," he whispered gently. "Don't worry, everything will be fine."

"Nothing will be fine, this is Game of Thrones," she responded rather loudly. Hiccup knew when he had to stay silent.

Eventually about half of the characters were "fine" at the and so what he said was half-true. Well... From a certain point of view at least. When the episode finished, they stayed there, cuddling each other.

"So, what was that thing about jealousy?" Astrid asked after a while.

"I knew you heard that," responded triumphantly Hiccup.

Astrid turned off the TV and stirred a little on Hiccup, so she could put her jaw down on his chest. "If I can't be jealous of a dog, then you cant be jealous of Jon," she mumbled him playfully. Hiccup decided to take part in the game.

"That's entirely different! Toothless is an animal and Jon Snow is a human."

"A fictional human."

"Still..." He said, waiting for Astrid. It was her turn now.

"Then why do you think I'm doing this to you," she crawled up and placed a kiss on his lips, "and not to him?"

"Because he is not here?" He asked back with a sassy smile. Astrid just punched his shoulder. He went too far this time...

"This, for being jealous," she said as she leaned down to him. Their lips joined again. "And... this..." She said the words between some kisses and gasps.

"For being jealous too," finished the sentence Hiccup before she could have done it. Astrid showed him one of her beautiful smiles, then they went back to the kissing part.

If you have any comments, constructive criticism or story suggestions, please leave them here. I love reading about your thoughts.

Credit to mitzpitz09 (https://mitzpitz09.tumblr.com/post/144467386696/reeeeeeeally-messy-but-yeah-30-days-otp) for the great artwork up there.

Thank you for reading! Have a good day/night!