Reverse Drunk Part 1

Takes place during Race to the Edge. Hiccup and Astrid are dating.

Astrid seemed to be upset about something. Hiccup realized this at the first moment, he stepped into the Clubhouse.

He just came back from a flight to Berk, and while he was gone, the gang took the day off. He was hoping that this will help them to blow off some steam and relax, and actually it seemed like, they did exactly that, except for Astrid.

It was already late night. The guys were drinking some kind of alcoholic beverage (most likely the twins' Archipelago's White again) and all of them were shouting and laughing at the same time. Astrid drank too, but she was sitting silently in the corner of the table, staring at nothing and cracking her fingers. The gang didn't realize it, but Hiccup knew her too well to miss the signs: she was mad about something.

"Hey guys!" greeted them the boy.

"Hiccup!" shouted back the gang happily, as they held up their cups. Astrid just waved to him with a weird frown.

"Here, have a drink, my boy," said Tuffnut rather loudly, with an extra cup in his hand.

"Thanks Tuff, but... I think, I'm fine," responded Hiccup. The twin just shrugged and then he went back to the others. Hiccup was finally able to sit down beside Astrid.

"Good evening, m'lady," he greeted her quietly.

Astrid murmured something as a response, but she didn't even look at him.

"Is everything... okay?" asked Hiccup.

Astrid sighed, and Hiccup was almost sure, he saw her rolling her eyes too. "Yes," she responded on a tired, and a bit drunk voice.

"Ah, okay. That's um... good," said Hiccup. He had no idea what was her problem, but now he was even more sure, that she had one. They sat there silently for a while, then he tried again: "Um... You need anything? Or do you want to tell me something, maybe?"

"No! I already told you, I'm fine." Her voice was a bit more frustrated this time.

"Okay, okay. Then... I'm just gonna sit here. In silence."

For another while they didn't do anything, again.

"Ah," sighed finally Astrid. "Hiccup, I'm not exactly in the mood for company now. I'd rather just sit here with my thoughts."

Hiccup knew when to stop asking questions. She will tell her about it, when she will feel ready. "That's all right," he responded. "I won't say a word."

"That's not how I..." She sighed again and slightly shook her head. "Okay. But don't just sit here then, like an idiot. Drink this," she said, as she put down a cup in front of him.

"No, thank you," responded Hiccup as he held up his hands. "I think, I'm fine..."

"Gods... Then I will drink it," said the girl, as she clumsily grabbed the cup and started to drink out it's content.

"Are you sure, that's a good idea?" asked Hiccup carefully, but Astrid was still drinking, so she couldn't give him an answer.

When she finally finished, she said only a "yeah." She then tried to put down the cup to the table, but it bumped into something and fell to the ground. Astrid let out an annoyed growl.

"Don't worry, I got it," said Hiccup quickly, as he bent down and grabbed the empty cup. The girl looked seriously groggy now. He remembered how she helped him, when he got drunk and wanted to give back the favour. "Hey, what if I walk you back to your hut, so you can have some rest?"