I love you

This chapter might going to seem familiar, if you have seen Gilmore Girls. I watched that show when I was a little kid, but I rewatched some of its scenes recently, and I had this idea, to put one of them into the HTTYD world (with some changes here and there, obviously). I hope, you will enjoy it.

Hiccup just got back from patrolling. He stepped into his hut, with a happy sigh, knowing that he had nothing else to do that day, except for hanging out with Astrid. His favourite kind of activity.

The girl was sitting at his desk, waiting for him to come back. She was drawing something, realized Hiccup. He thought Astrid had given up on this form of art after he had tried to teach her to it once, but apparently it seemed like, he was wrong.

"Hey," he greeted her as he stepped behind her chair, to get a better look on her drawing.

"Hey, you are back!" turned her head to him happily Astrid. "How was the patrol?"

"Very uneventful... How was your waiting?"

"Well, I think I've found a good way, to kill the time," responded the girl, as she gestured at her drawing. Hiccup tilted his head to get a better look on it. It was a picture of a vase with flowers, which lay on his desk.

"Yeah, I see. It's a really nice apple," said the boy as he pointed at the drawing. The joke caused him a big punch in the shoulder. "Hey! All right. It's a vase. I can't even make a joke now?"

"I can't even punch you now?" responded Astrid, as she playfully raised her eyebrows.

"Okay, okay... I probably deserved that anyway. So. You have drawn a vase."

"Yes. What do you think?" she asked curiously.

"Not bad. Not bad at all, actually. But, see the light here?" asked Hiccup as he pointed to a part of the picture. "It should be darker here, and lighter there, because the light comes from this direction."

"Oh yes, you are right. Next time, I will pay attention to this too."

"But otherwise, it's really well done," assured the girl quickly Hiccup. "I'm so happy, you are giving another shot to drawing," he said as he kissed the top of her head.

Astrid smiled at him and she stood up. "Well, I'm still not really sure, how do I like it, so I think I will try it again a couple more times."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"You won't be sorry," promised Hiccup as they settled down on the couch, next to each other.

"So, what are you doing tomorrow?"

"Tomorrow?" asked the surprised boy. "I don't know... I will check on some of the Night Terrors, have a flight with Toothless... Maybe expand the map a little bit. Nothing special. But why do you ask? Are you up to something?"

"And in the evening?" ignored his question the curious girl.

"I will have to go and patrol," he sighed. "But I thought, maybe if I get back early enough you and I should do something together."

"How about, if you get out of patrolling this time?"

"I don't think so," responded Hiccup resignedly. "I know, that I'm the one who makes the patrol schedules, since that fiasco with the twins, but I don't think I'm allowed to do something like this. Actually, this is exactly the reason, why I make the schedules and not the twins."

"And what if it's for a really special occasion?" insisted Astrid.

"Well, that special occasion better includes my being relocated to a bubble, if the gang is going to let me do this."