Reverse Drunk Part 2

Just a quick note, that the title of these two chapters is "Reverse Drunk", because their story is the exact opposite of my previous chapter, titled "Drunk", where Hiccup was the one, who drank, and the alcohol made him super kind, instead of super mad. I'm sorry if this was obvious, but I really wanted to clarify it.

Astrid woke up. Her head ached terribly. She grabbed a glass of water from her nightstand and drank it out in one go. She started to feel a bit better, until she looked into a mirror and saw her red eyes and nose. She realized, she was crying before, and then all the other events from last night came into her mind. She had to sit back to her bed.

Oh gods. What has she done? She was a real jerk. The things, she told Hiccup, and the way she told them to him... That boy was the nicest person, she knew. She loved him. And she really offended him. She was ashamed.

She had to apologize, but she doubted, Hiccup wanted to see her. And even if he did, what could she tell him, to make him forgive her? She was on the edge of crying again. This whole situation was so terrible... She didn't even dare leaving her hut for breakfast. What would she tell Hiccup, if they met outside? She wanted to hide from the boy, and she wanted to see him and apologize to him at the same time. She hadn't been this puzzled for years. Or maybe ever. There seemed to be no way out of the situation. She screwed up everything.

She pulled her legs up against her chest and was about to lose herself, when someone knocked on the door.

***

Hiccup woke up. He only had a couple of moments, before last nights event came into his mind, and his mood turned bad again. He sat up and saw that Toothless stayed beside his couch all night. The Night Fury was just waking up, probably because of the noise he made.

"Hey bud," he greeted the dragon bitterly. "I think Astrid, and I really messed up this time," he muttered.

Or maybe he was the one who messed up? He should have understood, that Astrid needed space. It didn't bother him, that the girl didn't want to tell him about her problem. They didn't share everything with each other after all, and that was fine. What bothered him was how she acted, and how she treated him. She was cruel. She was mad at him.

"Was I too pushy?" he asked Toothless uncertainly. The dragon curiously tilted its head.

Maybe... But she specifically told you before, that she loves, how sensitive you are, heard a voice Hiccup in his mind. This can't be the reason.

"Do you think she doesn't love me anymore?" asked the boy his worst fear out loud. "That she got bored of me?" Toothless was looking into his eyes for some moments, and when he realized that Hiccup stopped talking, he poked the boy's leg, with his nose.

That's impossible. You love each other, he heard the voice again. And she didn't say a word about not loving you.

"But what was this all about then?"

Let's assume the simplest thing: she just had a bad day, as she told you, and that's all.

"It's never the simplest thing."

Or maybe you always overcomplicate everything.

"It's really hard to argue with yourself, you know that?" asked Hiccup, as he came back to reality and looked at Toothless again. "What should I do know?" he asked after a while.

Let's start with what do you want first.

"I want to erase this whole thing from reality."

Great, that's impossible. You have to solve this problem. How can you do that?

"Only by talking to Astrid... But I'm not sure, she would want to talk to me."