Halloween Ending

I trudged through the thick bushy area trying to find some sort of are that i remember as my form glitched out again for the twelveth time this hour. You see i used to come out here alot when i first joine-I mean stumbled upon the crystal gems!! I sigh out dramatically before shoving a branch out of my way as i trudged forward heading back towards the location i once ran away from. The Warp Pad Direction...? i think i am saying that rightly?

I run my hand through my hair which is a habit i had gained since i first came to Earth before shifting to my natural form, I gaze around looking for that light blue engraved platform but i cant seem to find it anywhere!?...

I have to get back to Steven now....It has been over three and a half weeks now since i left beach City and It's Halloween today or well when its not super early as in not 1 am wise or when everyone starts celebrating it, I got to get back to him no matter how hard it may be i feel super bad...considering how far i tried to get away from the only way back to them.

During my time here on Earth 'growing' up, one of my early male friends by name the name of Jintly would tell me scary stories ones he claimed he experienced during his childhood.

He treated me like his child...

His stories would both fascinate and terrify me.

As I 'grew' older, the stories he would share became less frequent until they eventually came to an end. Maybe because I stopped believing them. I had come to the conclusion, that in a fun-twisted way, he was just finding enjoyment by filling my childlike imagination with haunted visions.... ---

However, after a recent trip i took, my mind has been changed. I believe him, and think his childhood stories are more rooted in reality than I would like to admit.

Earlier this month, I returned here from Beach City for a quick weekend visit with him. I was sitting on the living room couch and 'dad' in his cozy recliner. We were flipping channels when we stopped on one of the Nightmare on Elm Street movies. That's when I asked him if he remembered the scary stories he would tell me around the time we first met. I was expecting a smiled response, but to my surprise, he seemed oddly serious. I chuckled out loud at his reaction, but with a straight face, dad looked directly at me and said everything he once told me was the truth.

We continued to talk, and he reminded me that his family had moved to a small town in Mississippi when he was about 8 years old. The house across the street was vacant, boarded up, and he would quickly come to discover it was haunted. It was two stories and sat tilted like it could collapse at any moment. His parents would warn him to stay away, but that did not stop his curiosity.

It was not until several years later that the house was demolished, mysteriously leaving behind only the front wooden staircase and a stone covered well on the now eerie open field property. He thought that once the house was gone, things might be normal. He had experienced enough strange encounters, first hand, and also through stories his group of young friends would share amongst each other. But he said it wasn't just the house, nor the oddities that took place in his neighborhood, but the entire town he grew up in was far from ordinary.

The more I listened to him talk, the more I started to believe again.

I asked him to tell me one of his many Halloween stories. He obliged, asking if I remembered the one about the disappearance of his best friend Jake, an event that still haunts him to this day.

The gem's would never let me go out trick or treating alone, even in with one of them with me, and I remember this caused me quite some embarrassment with my friends. I joked with them, saying all they did was shelter me from having a retry at adolescent Halloween fun!