Part 20

Next Morning

Verandah of badi was fully decorated. Chaos was all around. Everybody was busy in working. Swara was looking out decorations, Ragini was praying to god while Sharmishtha and dida were looking out other arrangements.

Lakshya came in sleepy mode.

Lakshya : Good morning!

Swara : Good morning Lakshya! I hope you have slept well yesterday! After all, you was with your Ragini right!?

Lakshya : Very funny!...by the way, these decorations and all!? Is there any function today in Badi?! And why you have wore this sari!?

Swara : Yah, your wedding and this sari, for your wedding!

Lakshya : How cheap!

Swara : Sorry Han! Actually...today is Kali puja! New year for us...Bengali's!

Lakshya : Oh! So...I'll also help you out!

Swara : Shhh, don't touch anything! First go and get freshen up!

Lakshya : Yah! Yah!

Lakshya went inside.

Swara : Ragini, Will you help me out in decorations!?

Ragini : Of course Swara! Say, how could I help you?!

Swara : Aaa...just hold these flowers and give them to me one by one!

Ragini : Ok!

Swara pulls up a stool and stands on it. While she was fixing the flowers up on the wall, her leg slips and Lakshya ran and hold her in his arms. Due to her fall, basket of flower goes up in the air and the flowers starts falling on swalak.

Song plays...tose naina...

Ragini was shocked to see them with others. She was memorizing Sanskar's words, "don't you think they are in love!!!"

Just then, Sanskar interrupted.

Sanskar : Good morning everyone! What you all are doing here!? And these decorations!?

Swara : Actually, today is durga puja, new year you can say!

Sanskar : Oh!...What!!!

Lakshya : But...you told me that today is Kali puja! So...?

Swara : Dafar! It is called by different names!

Lakshya : Oh!

Sanskar : Shutup yrr!!! I mean...today is dugkali!...I mean...durga puja and you are telling me now!?

Swara : So!? Raat ko bata deti to kya tum subah 2 baje uthke help karne waale the!?

Sanskar : Very funny! I mean...we can use this day for our benefit!!!

Lakshya : How?!

Sanskar : Simple! We will make every family member of your and Ragini's family drink bhaang and in hangover, they will tell us the truth!!!

Swara : Not bad Han, I mean, Great job!

Sanskar : I know! I know!... Ragini, you too say something!

But she goes inside unanswered.

Swara : What happened to her now!?

Sanskar : See to her later, now go and make bhaang fast!

Swara : Hmm!

She left inside.

In Ragini's Room

Ragini was walking in her room desperately thinking about Sanskar's words, "don't you think they are in love!!!"

Ragini : Go away!!! No!!! Lakshya is only mine!!! He only loves me and how could I doubt on my best friend, my childhood friend!!? She will die but she will never spoil my happiness, never!!!

After Sometime

Durga Pooja starts. Everyone took goddess blessings.

Neighbor1 : Everyone is here, even Ragini too but where is Parvati ji, her husband and Shekhar!?

Dida : Ohoo, don't remember those idiot marwaadi's right now! I don't want to begin my new year with them!

Dadi : So who want to be the part of it?!

Dida : O god!...See, who is speaking!

Dadi : Ae bengalan!!!

Dida : Ohoo! I don't want any chaos right now!...Let's celebrate!

Dadi : Chaos my foot!!! My family members are getting disturbed ok!!!

Lakshya : Dadi, Dadi, leave them! God is one na, so just take her blessings!

Sanskar : Yah! Shekhar uncle, dadaji, you two also please come out and dida, please relax! It isn't good for your health!

Dadi : Hhhh!!!

She took goddess blessings. Shekhar and dadaji too.

Shekar and Sharmishtha share eye contact when she gave Prasad to him.

Dadi : Shekhar, You don't have a need to take Prasad from these Bengali's!

Shekhar went inside.

Swara : Forget all that! Let's celebrate yrr!!! Ragini, come, let's dance!

Ragini looked towards her Dadi on Swara's call.

Swara : Ohoo! Why are you looking towards dadi?! She will not deny, Come!

They danced.

Song plays...nagade sang...

While they were dancing, Sanskar comes near Swara.

Sanskar : Don't forget about bhaang!

Swara : I'm not like you and if you will remind me again, you have to drink all the glasses!

Sanskar : O my god!...I've got scared!

Swara put her leg on him.

Sanskar : Ouch!

Lakshya picked up the broken piece of Bengal before Swara could get hurt. He was looking dumbstruck at her and he dreamt of dancing of them together.

Song plays...o re piya...

Swara ran inside and came back with glasses full of bhaang.

Swara : Fresh, fresh milkshake!!! Have it guys!!!

Sanskar : Ooo madam, we don't have to give it to all!!!

Swara : I know, Glasses are different for everyone!

Sanskar : Thank God!

She gave everyone different glasses to drink. When she reached to Dadi,

Dadi : Manne na chahiye!

Lakshya : Dadi, Drink it na! Its God's blessing, have it!!

She drank.

Ragini : Swara, give me these two glasses! I'll give them to dadaji and papa!

Swara : Hmm!

Ragini took two glasses inside.

After a minute later

Shekhar comes from shouting inside

Shekhar : Misthi!!! Misthi!!! Happy dugga puja!!!

Swara : Misthi!?

Dadaji : Ae Shekhar!!!...Stop there!!!

To be continued🤓🤓🤓