~Chapter 2~

Aeri's POV:

"Wha- where's the other one? There was two of them!" I cried, while mom and dad were trying to understand what was even happening.

"Sweetie, what's wrong? We're kind of lost here." Dad said with a light chuckle.

"While I was on my way to the cliff, I saw an uncovered section of the beach which was never like that before, so I went and sat down there." I started explaining.

"...and?" My mom still had a confused face.

"I found this beautiful shell and it had two pearls inside! Two!!"

"And there's only one? Are you completely sure it was two of them? That's very rare, almost impossible."  Dad said.

"There was one on each shell, it's a double shell."

"Didn't you drop it by any chance?"

"No! I had it on my hand the entire time! Even whe-" I stopped talking at the sudden flashback. I did had it in my hand, but I remembered I almost fell. Maybe it got out of the shell accidentally.

"Aeri?" My mom waved her hand in front of me.

"Uh yeah sorry mom. I remembered I almost fell, maybe I lost the other one there." I pouted. "Should I go look for it?"

"No honey. It's already dark, there's no way you're going alone."

I wanted to keep insisting them, maybe convincing my dad to come with me, but it was pointless. The tide was already going up when I left, so it's probably all covered again. 

Damn you Hyunjin. If it wasn't for him, I would have perfectly gotten up and walked safely back to the shore, but since I was trying to avoid him quickly, I almost fell, and on top of it lost something so precious.

I had dinner with my parents at a restaurant close to the shore. The night was beautiful, the sky full of stars. My mom made me use a dress she bought for her but didn't fit, and I wasn't too happy about it. I got uncomfortable while sitting, so I stood up and went down to the sand for a quick walk, while my parents waited for the check. 

I didn't even walk that much, but just stood in one spot admiring the stars. Back at home, the excess of light doesn't allow me see all stars, but there's barely light here, so I could admire stars I've never seen before at home.

I surely enjoyed that view, and treasured it. Who knows when was the next trip to the beach.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
School day finally came. Vacations ended in just a second, but I couldn't complain, I spent them well. I didn't really disliked school, but sometimes it was kind of boring. I couldn't wait to see my friends again, tho.

"Aeri! I missed you!" Minju gave me bear hug, which I loved.

"I missed you too! Where are the others?" I asked her, separating from the hug.

"This year they're on different classes sadly, but we'll see them at lunch for sure.".

First class was over, actually pretty quickly. We spent the first half talking the same unnecessary stuff like what's our name and what do we expect from this year, blah blah blah.

Second class was math, the teacher was kind of late, so everyone just chilled meanwhile. I grabbed my backpack to take out the book, but noticed it wasn't there. When I arrived earlier, I stuffed all my books on my locker so my backpack wouldn't  be so heavy, so I must have left it inside the locker.

I got up, since the teacher still hadn't come, and made my way to my locker. The halls looked like a ghost town, not a single soul, surprisingly. I opened my locker, and of course, there was my book; quite a relief I must say. I took it out, and noticed something odd.