~Chapter 61~

Hyunjin's POV

She's probably going to scold me for showing like this, but I can't help to feel taken aback a bit about him, since I know he has feelings for her.

I just ignored the thought and changed to something casual. While Aeri was out, I had a few important matters to deal with.

While waiting for my laptop to load, I grabbed my phone and made a call to my uncle.

"How's everything going?" I asked.

"There's a lot going on actually, but so far, legal actions are being well taken."

"Has he...said anything about me?"

"He's angry at you of course, but he knows there's nothing much to do. You do know they need to talk to you, right? You need to testify."

"Yeah, I know. I just needed to fix some things. I'll be there on Friday."

"Fine. Anything else?"

"What have they said to you about all this?"

"Well, forced to or not, I was part of Your father's doings. I need to testify too, and I'll probably have to serve a few months, but an acquiatance told me I was probably going to do home arrest here."

"Uncle... I'm sorry you have to answer for this mess too, it wasn't my intention for you to be that involved."

"Oh, no, Hyunjin, don't worry. I am aware of my mistakes and I do have to face the consequences. However, thanks to the evidence you collected and sent, it won't be that harsh on me, as I was also a victim."

"That's true... I just hope it's not severe on you, and again, I'm sorry."

"Stop apologizing kiddo, I'm fine."  I heard him chuckle lightly, but I know he was overwhelmed. I felt guilty.

"Oh, one more thing, Hyunjin-ah"

"Tell me"

"I've sent you an email, please check it as soon as possible."

"About what?"

"Just check it, you need it."

"Fine. Thank you uncle, for everything you've done for me and my mom. I know you did what you thought best to protect us."

"And I'll always do, Kid. Now hurry up and check that email."

"Yes, yes" I chuckled. "Bye uncle"

"See you later Hyunjin."

I ended the call, feeling a bit distressed. I just wanted everything to be done with, but everything has a process. My uncle had to testify and reveal every single detail about what happened, because in the end, he was part of it. Hopefully, due to obvious circumstances, he'll receive lower punishment.

I turned to my laptop and opened my mail, looking for his email. There didn't seem to be any new mails recently, which made me confused, so I checked the spam section, and there it was, the new mail.

Except that it wasn't from my uncle.

It was from my mom.

My heart immediately started pounding hard, wanting to burst out. It's been years since I talked to her, so I felt nervous too. I opened it, it was a whole letter.

My dear Hyunjin

I am aware it must be difficult for you to read this. Even though we were taken away from each other, there wasn't a day I didn't think about you.