~Chapter 58~

..."People in the past"

"What do You mean?" Hyunjin asked Hana.

"We started to have those realistic dreams once again, and just as you, we got to know our past souls, only not in person. The dreams were very short though, so there was not that much information for us to work it out."

"So, how do you control it?" I turned to Dong Hyun.

"I knew from the moment I saw you guys that you were connected to everything happening to us. I mean, you look exactly like Hana.

In one of those many dreams we had, one of my past lives told me the Jewels were not physically necessary for us to switch. It may sound ridiculous, but if you put your mind in  it enough, you can achieve it"

"And by putting Mind in it you mean...?"

"Literally put your mind to work. If you set your mind to visualize your jewel and your partner, only with a touch you'll do it."

"But I wasn't visualizing in my mind the jewel, and neither you. I was literally in front of you, shocked to see you looked exactly like Hyunjin."

"That is because you had the pearls in your pocket, so it wasn't necessary."

"But I thought I had to have one and you the other one to work?"

"Look" Dong Hyun sighed, "it's complicated even for us to explain properly how it exactly works and every detail about it. In general terms, we switched because you did have the Jewels with you, and you were determined towards me. I know it probably does not make enough sense to you, but that is how it works."

I felt very frustrated, but I didn't know why. I wanted to end all this, but somehow I also wanted to learn everything about it, doesn't matter how complicated it was.

"Anyways" Hana interrupted, "we knew something was wrong the moment everything started to go crazy, right after we got stolen; however, the fact that you both are here, has made me realize a possible situation." 

Dong Hyun turned to Hana as soon as that statement left her mouth, he looked confused himself, probably because he didn't know what she was talking about. Seemed like Hana had been doing a lot of thinking since we got here, even if it was for a short time.

"What do you mean?"  He asked her.

"My theory is, those pearls you have," she looked at me and Hyunjin, "those are the original set, first of all. That means we'll never get them back; we'll continue to live without them, switching or not, and somehow those pearls will land in Yulhee's hands, and then to Aeri's hands."

We all looked at her confused. Some of it sounded logical, but some didn't. She looked at us 3 and laughed, scratching the back of her neck. 

"The pearls someone stole from us, they're not coming back. And I know it because Aeri and Hyunjin are here with a purpose. I think you two are the last ones to hold and experience their power, for some reason. 

I believe it all ends with Hyunjin and Aeri, and that is why they are here. We need to teach them how to control the tide, so they can return these where they belong. Wether it is because the pearls had a time limit or because something that had to happen happened, but it ends with them."

"You mean they were meant to be stolen?"  I asked

"Indeed, they were meant to be stolen, to land in your hands eventually. I just don't know how did they end up in the sea and inside a shell, I guess we will never know."  

"Sang Hoon told us Yulhee's father threw one into the sea, and he threw the other one later." Hyunjin clarified, leading Hana to yet another conclusion.