~Chapter 23~

This is useless.

"There must be a way to get to him. If not, we're done." Hyunjin worried.

"We haven't tried telling him the actual truth" I shrugged.

"He'd think we're nuts."

"Well, this whole situation is nuts. I never would've thought something like this happening to me." I laughed. He looked at me confused.

"I mean yeah" he agreed, "but why do you sound like it's the worst thing that happened to you?"

"Isn't it for you?"

"It's just that...I always try to see the bright side of everything."

"What's the bright side of this for you?" I asked.

"Meeting you." He stated, sure of his words. I just looked at him and everywhere else.

"Can't you think of anything good out of this for you?" He questioned.

I thought for a second for something, anything, and actually I did have something, but never wanted to tell him. He asked again

"Back there in my house, you said you didn't want to tell me about the shell because you wanted to see me happy?"

"No I didnt."

"I have great memory, you said it."

"I thought you were terrible with memory?"

"With faces, not words. Tell me."

"Fine." I sighed "but don't get mad at me, I don't mean it in a bad or pitiful way."

He put his elbows over is legs and rested his head on his hands, paying attention to me.

"The first days we switched, I couldn't bear with the loneliness I felt while being in your house. I'm so used to my parents constantly giving me love and affection, that the first days were horrible for me, coming back to an empty and cold house."

Hyunjin remained silent, I continued.

"And so, one of those days, I saw you with my parents, and you seemed like you enjoyed company and love, so I tried to care less about me being in your body, because as long as you felt happy, I was fine with that."

He now turned his head to the lake view, and smiled lightly.

"When we switched back, I was really happy to see my parents again, but on the other side, I felt horrible, because I knew you'd be back to your house. I don't fully know what's going on between you and your parents, but I think it's just horrible not having affection with them."

His silence was making me uncomfortable, I didn't know if my words were hurting him, so I just kept talking trying to explain myself better.

"I told myself I'd make you feel happiness, and the shell was an advantage, so I didn't tell you anything, and instead kept it to myself so you could feel someone's embrace. I didn't really care about switching, I just didn't know we'd change randomly."

After another short silence, I finally thought of my silver lining from this.

"I used to hate you, it's true. I heard several rumors about you and the boys, and they even hurt my friends at school, so I wanted to be as far as possible from you guys. Then the beach happened, I hated to see you there, but now, I just wish I'd given you the chance to talk, maybe none of this would've happened.

And so, the bright side for me is that I got a vantage point of your life. Maybe I didn't give you a chance at first, but the universe gave me a chance to give you another chance. That's what I'm grateful for."