~Chapter 49~

Hyunjin's POV

"Aeri, I think it's best if you stay here. I don't want my father threatening you in any way once I tell him everything I know." I stood at the doorway before leaving to my house.

"Okay" she sighed. "Did you send the audio clip to your mail?"

"All done." I handed her phone back.

"So...good luck, Hyunjin." She gave me a concerned face, and it was understandable, she was worried too.

"Thanks" I turned around to leave, but stopped for a few steps. Turning around again to face her, I walked inside again and hugged her.

"You know, never in a million years I would've thought you'd help me with my family problems. Thank you for everything, Aeri."

"You're talking as if you weren't coming back" she hugged me back, "remember we still need to figure out what's wrong with the shells, I'll be waiting for you."

"I'll be back soon" I smiled, now holding her hands. "And I'm sorry for everything that happened a year ago."

"What do You mean?"

"I'll explain later, I gotta go now."

I went back to my house, ready to confront him with all I had.

I made my way to his office, where he was with some assistants.

"Please leave." I told everyone.

"Excuse me?" He frowned at my sudden command.

"I need to speak privately to you."

He eyed the staff to leave, and they did.

"So, What do You wan-"

"I know about mom." His eyes widened, but immediately got back to normal, acting of course.

"Hyunjin, I know it's har-"

"Don't you dare to lie anymore, she's alive."

He stood up from his chair, hands on desk, a grinn appeared on his face.

"That useless uncle of yours, I knew he'd eventually break."

"You also threatened him."

"Ah Hyunjin, come on. You have to understand that business is busines-"

"No businesses Can bring back the years I lost with mom, which I had to live with you instead."

"Hyunjin, we had our differences"

"And You had to fake her death and push her away, even kicking her out and eliminate all her documents for her to actually get away from you? Are you sick?"

"It was the best for the company. She tried helping me, but instead ended up messing my vision of it totally."

"That's still no reason for you to do everything you did."

"I just sent her away."

"No, not only that." I took a step closer to him.

"You made her leave, instead of going yourself, she helped you establish the damn company a very long time ago, but immediately kicked her out, you threatened my uncle and his family..."

"Hyunjin liste-"

"No, You shut up and listen.

Not only you hurt my uncle's family, you made sure mom would never come back for me, you lied to me about everything, and you threatened me, your own son, to hurt my friend and her family, and even tried to arrange the rest of my life, and for what?