~Chapter 33~

M-marry...?

"Excuse me?" I asked, startled.

"We understand it's a bit rushed" mi father chuckled, "but you two still have plenty of time to know each other by the time you marry."

At this point, my head was just blank. I couldn't actually think about anything else, I just wanted to leave immediately and shut myself in my room. The fact that he was deciding over my choices made me extremely angry.

I wanted to call Aeri and just vent everything out, but I couldn't. I didn't even know what was going to happen to us, and that made me a anxious too.

I just smiled at the man and girl, and bowed. "Excuse me, I must continue studying for school."

"Isn't your son the perfect choice for the next CEO? Prioritizing study and important matters!" The man laughed, "Eunbi, you two can be great together."

I heard the man say as I left to my room.

Not long after that, about 25 minutes, my father came into my room.

"They just left." He said.

"Okay."

"Don't you think Eunbi is beau-"

"Look. I don't know what you're planning, but I'm not marrying that girl, you can absolutely forget that."

"Ah, Hyunjin, that's what you think now, I understand everything's new to you-"

"I don't give a shit about your point of view, I'm not marrying her nor getting to know her, I'm not interested."

"Listen you disrespectful brat." He clenched his teeth and slammed his hand on my desk. "I don't want you hanging with that tramp from school."

I stood up abruptly, as soon as heard him.

"Didn't I tell you to watch your mouth?" I also slammed the desk.

"Is that how you speak to your father?"

"You are anything but my father. Don't come here pretending to be the offended parent."

"I don't care, Hyunjin. But you are not sticking around that cheap girl. She doesn't have anything to offer you, and you need someone suitable to be by your side to run the company." His words were threatful.

"I can do that perfectly without marrying that Eunbi girl, and I'm doing it here in Korea, I'm not leaving."

"You don't get to choose."

"Watch me."

"You want to play this game? Okay, you choose. If you stay here, you'll marry Eunbi. If you don't want to marry her, leave to America."

"I am staying here AND with Aeri, whether you like it or not."

"You don't seem to give a fuck about your dead mother and all the work she did for you to run this company. All this time I missed her, I couldn't even say goodbye to her."

"Your fucked up relationship with mom can't be my problem. Only my own relationship with her is important to me."

"Don't change topics. I told you already, it's your choice."

"And I already told you what I decided. It's either that or I don't run shit."

I noticed how he chuckled, as if he had already something planned for each of my replies.

"You don't want anything happening to your precious angel, do you?"

"Stop the bullshit."

"It'd be a shame if she couldn't get to her career, or that her parents got fired... what is it that they do? They're doctors? Seems like I have some calls to fix."