~Chapter 50~

"Baby, I'm sorry we couldn't spend yesterday together, we had to work, I'm so sad!" My mom hugged me as we were getting ready to leave.

"It's okay mom, it's your job! I'll be back next weekend." I comforted her. It's true we didn't really get to spend time together, but it's not like I'm leaving forever, I'll be coming every weekend.

"Hyunjin, its so nice to have you back" she hugged Hyunjin too.

"It's so good to see you again, thank you for having me for the night and for the amazing dinner, as always" he thanked and smiled to my mom, he really is a gentleman.

"Ready?" I asked him as I put the bags in the car.

"Yup."

"Bye mom, bye dad! Love you!"

"Bye guys!"
.
.
.
.
.
"I'm sorry." I apologized to him.

"Why?" He chuckled.

"You know why."

"It's okay, I actually missed your parents's awkward questions about us."

"Yeah that, and the fact that my mom kept wandering the hall to spy on us. I swear she acts like the kid in the house."

"That's fine, I don't care" he laughed. "Want me to put some music on? It's a long ride."

"Sure thing."

For the rest of the trip, we just listened to music and sang our lungs out. I actually missed him a lot, and being with him made me happy. For a second I almost forgot that we had a mystical magical matter to fix, that we weren't normal beings at the moment.

We arrived to my apartment, already hungry again. We dropped the bags inside and ordered food.

"Question." I started.

"Go ahead."

"Did you investigate anything while being away?"

"Uh...no? I mean, when I left I thought that by giving you the shell I'd be over."

"Right... I forgot about that."

"But I did run into an interesting article about pearls. Since the company sells all kinds of jewelry, including man-made pearls, I thought it'd be cool to add some deep speech about pearls, you know, marketing I guess."

"What was it about?"

"It said something about pearls meaning love and soul connections. If I remeber correctly, it said that if someone who really loves someone gives a pearl as a gift, thei-"

"-their souls are meant to be together through all lifetimes." We completed the sentence at the same time. We just remained quiet for a few seconds.

"You read it too?" He asked me intrigued.

"Yup. But I mean I'm sure it's a coincidence, there's not a lot of legends about pearls."

"There are literally thousands of legends on the internet." He chuckled.

"Yeah, so? It's still a coincidence we read the same."

"I think it's destiny"

Destiny? That was the word Yulhee used in my dream. Which reminded me we were going to discuss our dream, so maybe we could find a solution or at least a hint.

"What exactly happened in your dream?" I asked him.

"Oh right. Well, exactly? I can tell what exactly if you lik-"

"Yes, yes Hyunjin we had sex and it was great but can you behave like an adult and talk about the real important part?"

"Right, I'm sorry."