~Chapter 48~

Hyunjin called his uncle to my house, he told him he needed to sort some matters for the wedding. His uncle accepted to come, although he sounded hesitatant on the phone.

He arrived within 20 minutes, seems like he was working some things out at the company.

He eyed me suspiciously, but I don't think he knows who I am, since he never saw me before. He lives in the US, taking care of the other company, and before that, he lived with Hyunjin's mother there, maybe he's heard my name, but doesn't know my face. He came for the wedding only.

"Uncle, please sit down."

"Hyunjin, I think your wedding and business matters need to be discussed in private." He said, looking at me.

"No need, she can stay." Hyunjin sat in front of him, I stood by the stairs, but close enough. We had a plan.

"Okay then." Still looking at me, "what is it?"

"It's been long since mom passed away."

"In deed, I miss her." He sighed. This guy could get an acting award actually.

"You told me she was ill, right?"

"She had cancer."

"What type of cancer?"

"Lungs."

"Advanced?"

"Yes."

"How come nobody told me before?"

"What do you mean?"

"I never got to say goodbye to her. You called me when she was already gone."

"She didn't want you to worry about her, since she was absent for three years, she thought you'd be upset with her for that."

"Why would she think that only for three years? We were together for 16 years before she left, and everything was fine."

"What's your point?"

"I'm just curious, she never called me during the years she was gone, only sent money. Nobody ever told me she was sick, and I couldn't say goodbye."

"Hyunjin, I'm so sorry we kept that from you, but it was her request."

I noticed the man was moving excessively, nervous, throughout the conversation. He couldn't stay still, his hands especially. He couldn't help but to look at me from time to time, and look everywhere around him.

"I have a request for you, uncle."

"Anything, tell me."

"Call her right now, I want to speak with her."

His face changed immediately. He was even trying to tear up before, but as soon as that sentence left Hyunjin's mouth, he frowned.

"Hyunjin, are you okay?"

"I'm totally fine." Hyunjin leaned closer to the table, and took out his phone, sliding it all the way to his uncle.  "Dial her number."

"Hyunjin, she's not-"

"I know she's alive."

Now his uncle's expression changed to fear and nervousness, his hands were trembling, and he couldn't look at Hyunjin in the eyes. He was tearing up, but those tears were pure guilt.

"S-she p-passed a-awa-"

"Stop lying." Hyunjin slammed his hands on the table, standing up.

"Why? You're her brother. What did you do to her?" He sat again, trying to calm himself down. I still didn't move.