~Chapter 36~

Hyunjin's POV

I'm sorry, Aeri, I wish I could have done things different, but it was impossible.

As much as I wanted to stay with her, graduate with her, actually spend time with her like a normal teenager, I couldn't risk her health or future, nor her parents'.

I promised her we would end this together, that we'd return the shell and find a solution for this together, yet I couldn't keep it. This is a decision I'm going to regret for life.

I'm not certain of what am I going to do in America, or how long will I be there. I'm probably never going to see her again, and it feels awful.

I never got to tell her properly how I felt for her.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Aeri's POV

Gone. He's gone.

I don't know why, but him being gone feels like complete emptiness. I wonder if our souls truly somehow met in past lives, because it felt like someone really important to me was gone.

And it's not that he's not important to me, because he absolutely is, but it feels weird, as if we've shared years together, not only months.

How am I supposed to do this alone? Why do I feel my heart so heavy?

On the way home, my mom tried talking to me, but I just didn't feel like it, and she understood.

Once I got home, I tried messaging him, but of course, my messages weren't even delivered. He probably changed his number.

I wanted to hate him, I wanted so bad to do it, but I couldn't.

During the week, I had to hear every single day from every teacher, the news about Hyunjin, that he left because of family issues and he wasn't coming back.

I had to explain his friends, because apparently he only left a letter to me. Felix was the one who felt devastated, he appreciated Hyunjin a lot, and not hearing a word from himself hurt him.

I told Minju we'd cancel the weekend trip to Incheon. If the shell remained untouched, it wouldn't cause any problems, and I wasn't feeling well enough to just forget him and still go.

There were so many things we didn't understand about Hyunjin's departure. Felix even planned on talking to his father, but I told him he'd waste his time, as that man isn't accesible at all.

It took me a few weeks to feel better, and it was still strange to think about him and how strong my feelings for him were. By now, I was just convinced that our souls were connected through years, it absolutely felt like it.
.
.
.
.
.

As it was, the shell never caused us any problems again, so I decided to wait for the year end's trip to Incheon with my parents to finally return the shell.

As time passed by, graduation finally came. Minju and I became much more closer with the boys than before, especially Minho and I.

Somehow, he worried about me enough to distract me from feeling down. He seemed resentful to Hyunjin for leaving just like that, and for the marriage matter. Minho was the only one I told about that, not even Minju or my parents.

~

"What are you doing for vacations?" I asked Minho through phone.

"My parents are going away, but I don't feel like going. I prefer staying here."

"You're such a grandpa. You should have fun before college."

"Should I?" He chuckled, I did too.