~Chapter 62~

"Aeri & Hyunjin"

We blinked at each other a few times before I took the envelope and opened it. There was a paper inside, which was obviously the letter.

The headline said

"From Hana & Donghyun"

Before I could start reading, Hyunjin opened the second drawer from the desk.

"There's another one" he said. I turned to look at him with yet another letter in his hands.

"What does it say?"

"It has our names too."

"Let's read this one first." I raised my hand with the first letter. Hyunjin nodded, as I started to read out loud.

"Our dearest Aeri and Hyunjin.

I am writing this, not knowing if you will ever read it. It has just been a few days since you both left, and we can tell it worked. We are certain you managed to return the Jewels back successfully, and I have no doubt you are enjoying your lives without worrying.

For us, it stopped. The dreams, the changings. We felt different too, and so we are grateful for it, for you two. Maybe at first we did not understand why would someone take the Jewels, and to this day, we do not know the purpose, but as I told you, and clearly, it had to happen.

Anyways, I will not write a lot, since it is almost impossible for us to reach you with this, but if somehow this letter gets to you, we just wanted to say thank you, for making our lives better.

Sincerely,

Hana & DongHyun"

"What are the odds for us to find this letter?" Hyunjin chuckled.

"I don't know, but, I'm happy we did. This only confirms to me that absolutely everything happens for a reason, just a she said. It makes me happy that they felt happy." I smiled while looking at their names, Hyunjin nodded.

"Should we read the other one?"

"Sure."

Hyunjin handed me the next letter for me to read it, the only difference was the ink color.

"Dear Aeri and Hyunjin" I started to read.

"It has been long since I wrote you the first letter, and probably it will be the last one.

Today is 15 years since Dong Hyun and I met you two. As I told you before, we were always grateful for your doings. We got to spend an easy and calm life afterwards.

With my heart broken, I am letting you know that today, my dear DongHyun-"

I stopped reading, as my heart stopped. An awful pain pierced through my body, immediately forming tears in my eyes.

"W-What?" Hyunjin's voice trembled. I sniffed and continued reading.

"My dear DongHyun has passed to a better life. Sometimes, we do not understand life's purposes, but as much as it hurts, I still believe everything has a reason, wether we like it or not.

I understand now your worries, Aeri. At the time, I thought you were too young to be frightened, I even encouraged you. However, now that I lost my two loves, my reasons of living, I lost everything, and truthfully, I have nothing else to do here.

I know leaving the shop is something Dong Hyun would not want, but I cannot bear the pain of being here without the laughs of my family around.