~Chapter 54~

"Is... is this correct?" I panicked. Hyunjin's expression was worse than mine I think.

"Well I don't think someone would just leave an outdated newspaper here, especially a century later."

"Shouldn't we head back to the cave then? This isn't right."

"Let's not panick, Aeri. If we're here, there's a reason. There's a reason why we came out from that cave to this date. We should start investigating."

"Hyunjin, look at us, we're not even wearing proper clothing. People will stare at us and we'll be just dragging unnecessary attention."

"Well, there isn't a single soul for now, let's just look around."

We started walking carefully around the town, which weirdly enough, looked abandoned. It sure wasn't, but there wasn't any people around. There wasn't a single shop or structure that resembled something from our time, everything was different.

I noticed shops were open, but there wasn't anybody around. An idea popped out.

"Hey" I poked Hyunjin's shoulder. He stopped and turned around.

"Follow me."

He did as I said. We entered to what seemed like a clothing shop; nothing compared to the actual shops, but I could see clothes from the street, so I had the idea. We couldn't just walk out there with t-shirt and jeans.

"Well, you look sexy" he giggled.

"I'm literaly covered with at least 10 layers of fabric."

"Want me to take them off for you?" A smirk glowed from his face.

"Want me to punch you?"

"What? I'm trying to light up the mood."

"Can't you realize we're literaly in the Past? How can you not be worried? We may never come back, we may have to stablish here and live like this, maybe that's why we exist in our time, maybe this was meant to happen."  I sighed.

"Okay, too much Netflix." He frowned.

We managed to hide our clothes between some other mail boxes, and continued walking through town. Slowly, we started seeing people here and there, they all seemed to be heading somewhere. Clearly, we decided to follow, and we started hearing a crowd.

As we got closer to what seemed like a plaza, we located where the voices and noise came from, which was actually a crowd. Seemed like they were worried about something. We also saw policemen all around the place.

"Wait here" Hyunjin ordered me, as he started walking through the crowd. I didn't question him, I figured he was going to ask someone what was going on.

About two minutes after he disappeared, I became impatient. I started walking around the people to see if I could see him, untill I saw him walking away from the crowd. I mean, hello? Did he forget I was with him?

I walked in his direction, calling him, but because of the noise he didn't hear. He was going to an alley, leading god knows where. I had to walk even faster to him.

"Hey! Aren't you forgetting about me?" I complained. He looked so chill it bothered me.

Blinking a few times, as if nothing was going on, he questioned me.

"Do I know you?"

Now I was the one blinking like a hundred times.

"Hyunjin, this isn't funny. Did you find anything?"

"Miss, I do not know you, sorry." He seemed in a rush. I quickly noticed his clothes weren't the same Hyunjin had, and to this point I couldn't be more confused.

I clearly needed to question him, to know more about him; but he really was in a rush, almost as if he was running away.

When he tried to yet again run, I grabbed his hand.

The moment our hands touched, I had what felt like a Deja Vu, like I knew this man and knew why was he running away. Anguish invaded me, but I didn't know why.

I let go of his hand while looking at him, he seemed to feel the same way, but neither of us knew why. Without leaving his eyes from me, he turned around and slowly left. I was just standing there astonished.

Just because universe didn't want us to figure much out that soon, almost immediately, I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"I thought I told you to wait for me." It was Hyunjin.

I turned around, probably pale, as he frowned his brows towards me.

"Everything's a mess" I closed my eyes rubbing my head.

"Why? He asked.

"That dude... did you see him?"

"I saw him running away only, why?"

"He looked exactly like you."

"What?" He gasped. "Wasn't it Sang Hoon?"

"Sang Hoon said he was born in 1934 I think, so that's not the case. Hyunjin this is way too crazy, it doesn't even feel real, I can't do this."

"Hey hey, we're going to figure this out. Look what I found."

He handed me a dirty slightly ripped piece of paper, it was kind of and advertisement of some sort. I took It and read it.

"Where did you find this?!"

"I asked a woman if she knew what was going on, she even eyed me offended for not knowing, She said they've gone missing for a while now, and the man who's looking for them offers a higher reward every week."

"Expensive Jewels stolen "

The pearls. It was a picture of our pearls, and someone stole them. We didn't know if the owner was the one looking for them or the one who stole them, but those definitely were the pearls, and that meant there were two sets going around, which could be a problem.

Of course it had to do with the unknown Hyunjin I just saw, there wasn't any other explanation.

"We need to hurry, Hyunjin."

"To where?"

"We have to catch the other you. He has to know something!" I started running towards where I saw him disappear, Hyunjin was following.

Lucky us, everyone was still around the plaza, so the alleys were empty. I catched a glimpse of what seemed like him, and ran faster than ever.

When I finally reached him, I grabbed his shoulder and made him turn to me. He became nervous as soon as he saw me, but when he saw Hyunjin, he dropped his hands of his pockets and covered his mouth.

I eyed both of them, them doing the same with each other.

I stretched my hand to grab the other Hyunjin's hand, to stop him from running away.

"No, wai-" he tried saying.

Everything went silent and blurry. I felt now his grip on my hand, and realized somehow, I switched bodies with him; not with my Hyunjin, but the other guy.

He lowered his head, or my head I should say, as if he already knew what was going on. He didn't seem surprised to be in my body.

"I told you to stop."

"Did...you know?"

"I know. And if we don't hurry, we won't be able to change any of this. Follow me." He started walking.

"Wait!" Hyunjin stopped him.

"Who are you? Why do we look the same?"

"Dong Hyun, and I have no idea."