~Chapter 35~

Aeri's POV

I didn't even turn around, and somehow I already knew it was Hyunjin. Honestly, I was tired of being hurt and chased after. I must admit, my feelings for him made me weak, but I was way too frustrated.

"Hyunjin you don't have to bother explaining."

"I just want to clarify why was I with her." He pulled me to him. I shrugged his grip, still not looking at him.

"I don't care, Hyunjin."

"I don't care you don't care, I'm going to explain, so if you want to give me your back that's okay, I just need you to listen."

I remained silent, eventually waiting for him to say anything.

"I told you I was busy because I had to meet with that girl."

"No shit."  To this point, I was even tearing up. Not quite because of the girl, but because he wasn't being honest with me.

"Listen first. I met with her because my father wants me to marry her. She's the daughter of some CEO we're pairing with."

I just laughed at the statement. It was seriously like Sang Hoon's story, but the updated version.

"Hyunjin, hurry up, I need to go."

"The thing is, we are getting married. Not right now, but eventually."

His words made everything way too overwhelming. Marrying her? This is even ridiculous.

"Is this some kind of joke?"  I said.

"I'm sorry, but no."

"Then why are you here explaining shit to me? Leave."

"I just wanted to clarify."

I turned around, now facing him. I didn't want him to see me crying, but I couldn't help it by now. I seriously just wanted to go to my house and know nothing about anything.

"I don't care, Hyunjin. You don't have to explain anything. I get it, so I'm leaving."

"I'm aware this isn't the best way, but I just wanted to thank you for everything."

"Uh Huh."

Somehow, he also sounded hurt.

"Bye, Aeri."  He said, and nothing more.

I just kept walking, trying my best not to sob in front of him. I came home, my parents were already there, but I didn't want to talk about anything, I just wanted to lock in my room.

"Hi baby! Where were yo-"

"I was in town, I'm going to my room mom, sorry."

My parents know me too well. They knew something was wrong, however, they respected my space and didn't chase after me.

I locked the door and threw myself to bed, now sobbing uncontrollably. Tears came down one after another, I felt horrible, my heart was aching.

Why did this even happen to me? I would have preferred if none of this happened, and I hadn't gone to that cliff that afternoon.

Marrying? That doesn't even make sense, it's like the story is repeating just because. Like their souls aren't destined to be together, so it's not mean for them, it doesn't matter in what lifetime it is.

I cried rivers untill I slept. 

Hyunjin's POV

I'm a hundred percent sure this wasn't the best decision I made, but it was necessary.