~Chapter 13~

They day of the trip came quite fast, faster than I expected actually. My parents gave me permission as always, I packed everything I needed for it, tho it was a two days one night trip so I didn't pack that much.

In the last two days, We've switched bodies about 7 times, each time weirder and weirder. The only clues we had were that we fell asleep at the exact same time before changing and that it was now at any hour, unlike the first times where we switched during night time.

Everything was getting now out of control, and Hyunjin and I were starting to get tired physically, literally. This thing was slowly harming us and we didn't know how to stop it. I kept the shell hidden in my closet, but even though no one touched or moved it, we still changed.

I decided to tell Hyunjin about the shell today, as well as explain why didn't I say anything before and explain the beach incident. Also, if things turned out fine, I'd tell him about my feelings; or what I think I feel.

I walked to school really early in the morning, the buses were leaving at 6:00 am. I didn't bother waking Hyunjin up to come with him, because recently he has been imposible to wake up, and I don't even have enough strength to wake myself up.

Minju was already there, along with Felix, of course.

"Morning!" Felix told me. I can't deny it, he's too sweet.

"Good morning to both of you." I smiled at them.

"Where's your bf?"

"Bf as in bastard friend I hope you mean?"

"Bf as in boyfriend." Felix smirked. I'm not going to lie, I blushed a bit.

"Ew. We're nothing like that."

"Come on, you have feelings for him." He insisted. I glared at Minju, cause of course how else would Felix had known anything? She just avoided my glare.

"Okay, fine. I'm not sure what do I feel for him. We've gotten closer yes, but I can't say I have feelings because he's a gentleman or for his behavior towards me because we haven't like interacted in that sort of way-"

"Do you realize the amount of explanation you're giving us?" He chuckled. "It's fine to like him, don't worry about how is it that you do, you just do."

"Don't say a word or I'll kill you both."

"Talking about the prince..." Minju eyed behind me.

"Morning!" Hyunjin told everyone, we all responded back. Minju and Felix started walking towards the bus, now that we were complete.

"Good morning, Aeri." He told me quietly, smiling. My heart skipped a beat.

"M-morning Hyunjin." I smiled back. He couldn't stop looking at me, making me extremely nervous.

"Shall we?" He pointed at the buses.

"Sure." I followed.

Of course, Minju and Felix sat together. I was happy to see Minju happy, but damn couldn't she sit with me? That meant I had to sit with Hyunjin.

Soon, the buses parted to the destination. I was listening to music, that's the only thing I can do during trips. Hyunjin took out one of my earphones and put it in his ear, I didn't even try to stop him, why bother?

"We have similar music taste." He smiled at me.

"Really?"

"I have almost the same songs in my playlists. I like to sing a lot."

"Why haven't you joined signing club in school?"

"I'm a bit shy to do that." He chuckled.

"I'd like to hear you sing some time." I smiled. He made a surprised face, but quickly turned it to a smile.

"We'll see, I'm not that confident."

"I'm sure you're great."

The rest of the trip we kept talking about almost everything we thought of, it was fun. I avoided family topics, as I knew his situation wasn't the best with his family, but I noticed he kept talking about how happy my own family made him, and that made me happy. My parents love him and treat him like another child, and we don't even have that much time of knowing each other; but we were getting a bit closer each time.

After the two hour ride, we arrived to the place. It was like a camping resort, with vast woods and green space. The teachers mixed all three classrooms together for the activities planned; of course, I ended up teaming with Hyunjin in most of the games.

The day went by quite fast, we didn't even notice untill teachers were gathering us for campfire, which meant it was around 5:00 pm. They allowed us to sit with whom ever we wanted, so Minju and I sat with Hyunjin, Felix, and some of their friends. Funny how about a month ago we hated them, and look at us now.

We were all chatting and laughing about things, when of course, Changbin brought scary topics up. He told scary stories with sparkles in his eyes, it was actually fascinating. I didn't hate scary stories, but I didn't like them either, I just don't believe in ghosts.

"You know, I actually read about a ghost inside the woods here." Minho said.

"Sure, how opportune." I joked.

"No, no. I'm serious! I read about a young woman in the woods, she'd take a form of someone close to you to trick you into the woods."

"Why would you go into the woods anyway?" Jeongin asked.

"Well, we're allowed to, just not that deep. There's a marked trail for visitors to follow, to avoid getting lost."

"Yeah but again, why would you go? We don't have to go in there as far as I know, all the activities are down here." Hyunjin said.

"I'd go, I bet there's nothing there." I laughed.

"Oooh don't challenge the ghost lady! I read she's aggressive!"

"Right." I said sarcastically.

"Can we change topics? Let's talk about something else?" Jeongin said, scared of course.

Jisung took out his guitar, and started playing and signing some songs. He has a pretty voice, I would have never thought it. After a couple songs, he played the song Hyunjin and I were listening at the bus. I immediately looked at him, and he did the same; we laughed, and Jisung noticed.

"You guys seem to know the song, wanna sing? I'll strart over."

Hyunjin kindly rejected the offer, but all of them were insisting him to sing. I was curious and wanted to hear him too, so an idead popped in my head. I'm not the best singer, but can't complain either. I sat closer to Jisung, ready to sing. Maybe Hyunjin would feel more confident and join.

"Oh, Aeri you sing?" Chan asked.

"Uh.. yes and no." I chuckled.

"That's okay, let's just enjoy!" Jisung added.

As soon as I started singing, everyone looked at each other surprised, and started smiling and clapping. I looked at Hyunjin so that he would join, he had his eyes wide opened. I waved at him to come closer, and after a minute, he finally decided to join, making the others cheer up louder.

Hyunjin had a beautiful voice, I was completely amazed. I don't know why wouldn't he want people to hear him, he's talented. Mid way I stopped singing so that only his voice would be heard, and I didn't regret it, I loved his voice.

We were having a great time, actually. Although everything going on isn't quite good, the silver lining is that I got to know Hyunjin and his friends for real, and they really changed. I could get used to them and this treasurable moments.

A/n:
Hello! I'm sorry if for this kind of filler chapter (?) I mean it's going somewhere lol I just wanted to write something chill for the characters. Next chapters are going to be a bit more fantasy-ish❤️ I hope you like it!

Also thank you for the reads🥰 please help me voting, commenting and sharing! If u could share my story with others, it'd help me a lot with my reads😭🧡 I appreciate so much your support, really! Thank you thank you thank you!🥰❤️

Stay safe always❤️