~Chapter 22~

My alarm woke me up at 5:00 am.

Hyunjin was still sleeping beside me. He had one arm under me, more specifically my neck, seems like I was using him as a pillow; and the other one wrapped around my waist. His face was almost touching mine, we were extremely close.

I flew off my bed, making him wake up.

"Morning." He said, with a raspy voice.

"Hey.." I scratched my arm, not looking at him. "We have to get ready to leave."

After having breakfast, we headed to the car, ready to go, we were just waiting for Minju and Felix. Not long after, My phone buzzed.

Minju
Sorry, Aeri, my parents said no last minute :(.

Me
But yesterday you said there was no problem

Minju
Yeah, but my dad said he didn't trust the trip itself.

Me
That's a shame. Is Felix coming?

"Felix isn't coming." Hyunjin sighed as he put away his phone.

Huh, odd.

"Weird how both of them said yes and now they're both quiting." I told him. Hyunjin shrugged his shoulders unbothered, and waved me to leave.

"We must get going now." He said.

"We don't even know where exactly in Donghae. We're wasting our time here."

"I already asked your friend to enter the address to my gps."

"My friend?"

"The girl from the reception who likes me." He winked. I just rolled my eyes, opening the car's door.

After 30 minutes of driving, it was getting awkwardly silent, so I decided to break it; plus, I also was curious.

"How come you have a driver's license? Is it fake?" I asked him.

"It's not fake. I'm legal." He laughed casually.

"You're 17."

"I'm 18."

"Huh?"

"Yeah I kind of dropped school for a year when I was a kid." He said. I was afraid to ask why, so I didn't.

"Still, how do you have one?"

"You know that old man knows his ways. He programmed an appointment for me, did the driving test and passed it, that's all."

"How come you never use your car to go to school?"

"Cause it's not mine, it's his. I kind of stole this one, but don't worry, everything's fine."

"It amuses me how carefree you are most of the time." I chucked.

The driving went back to being quiet. I didn't want to get too comfortable with him, I still didn't trust him fully.

I don't know what happened to me last night, I was way too scared maybe. The words he said about being with me and kissing me still wandered in my head, since last night as soon as he said that I changed topics. My heart was too hyped to keep talking about it.