~Chapter 45~

"Hyunjin...?"

"Aeri."

"What do you want?" I asked dryly.

"Can I come in?"

"Fine". I moved away making space for him to do so. He sat on the couch, a worried face showed up on him. He did look different, although it has been only a year and a half. He doesn't look like the school kid anymore.

"Well? Talk." I urged him. 

"First of all, I want to apologize for my behavior back there. I was...triggered. I didn't mean to say those things to you, when I haven't even done anything either."

I sighed, sitting in front of him.

"It's fine, don't worry."

"Seriously, I'm so sorry."

"Is that all?"

"Well, no. I figure you know why did I come back-"

"Yeah you're getting married." I tried my best not to show any emotions, but my heart was killing me.

"...yeah, I am."

"So?"

"I just... wanted to tell you properly in person."

"I saw it before on social media, but don't worry, thank you for telling me yourself." Words were harder to pronounce by the second. An awkward silence invaded the room for a few moments, but he broke it again.

"I brought you this." He handed me a small bag. I hesitated at first, looking at him and at the bag several times, and took it. I opened it, and it was his half of the shell.

"I don't know how, but it appeared again in my desk. Felix told me you returned it to the sea, so I have no idea of what happened."

"Where's the pearl?" I looked at him a bit scared.

"It's in there, too. I just couldn't make it stay inside it's hole."

I checked the inside of the bag, and there it was. I was very relieved, actually.

"Thank you, for bringing it back. I'm sorry it didn't work, I don't know why. I'll make sure to really return it this time, I'll fix this, I swear."

"Thanks, Aeri. I wish I could help more, but I have schedules-"

"It's fine, you have a wedding to organize, don't worry about me." I tried smiling a bit.

"Ah..." he slightly laughed, but it seemed painful. "You're right."

After another silence, I broke it this time.

"Well, y-you should get going, I'm visiting my parents today so I need to hurry with this shell matter."

"You're heading to your parents house?"

"Yup."

"I'm also heading to my house, so, if you want you can come with u-"

"Thanks, but I'm fine, I'll drive, don't worry."

"Oh, okay." He stood up, making his way back to the door, I followed behind him, looking at the floor. My heart was beating fast, but out of pain. Hyunjin being back, but for such a purpose as marriage, hurt me a lot I must say. He suddenly stopped, making me stop abruptly too. I just looked at him, confused.

He turned around, and grabbed my cheeks, and my heart froze, a million butterflies in my stomach. He was just staring at me, his eyes pierced mine, as if he wanted to tell me a million things, but couldn't.