~Chapter 8~

Hyunjin's POV:

I couldn't stop thinking about Aeri's reaction when her mom hugged me, i think my heart hurt.

I struggle constantly with this thing about feelings and such. For the last 3 or 4 years, and even before, I haven't had any kind of strong feeling about anything.

Being trapped in Aeri's body at first was a living hell, her parents very often came to her room just to talk about any topic, they would constantly hug and kiss me out of nowhere. Since I'm not used to that at all, I acted very awkward, but eventually started to like it.

I know it's lame, but feeling the warmth of a hug or a caress felt like I actually cared to someone. Even so, who am I trying to fool? If anything, her parents do this because of course they think it's her daughter, their affection is not towards me.

I did feel kind of down to see Aeri with watery eyes, I'm sure she misses her family like crazy, she's the one who's used to this, imagine going from a warm
Lovely home to a cold dark empty house.

I sat on her desk, doing certainly nothing, just thinking about random stuff. Since we got no clue about how to fix this, I actually thought of watching that anime movie Felix said, maybe it could give us a hint about it for real. Aeri said no, but I could suggest it again, maybe.

I grabbed the shell, which I still have no idea how did it get here. I remembered taking it to my house and placing the pearl inside, and then going to prepare dinner, but I don't know how did it get here. For a second, I actually thought if the shell had something to do with it, but I shrugged it immediately, it's just my imagination. Maybe since I like that pearl so much, whatever thing did this to us wanted me to keep the pearl with me.

Aeri's mom knock on the door.

"Come in!" I said while fidgeting the pearl through my fingers.

"Do you want some hot chocolate honey?" She asked very sweet.

"I'd love that, mom." I missed saying that word. Aeri's mom smiled and waved me to come, so I put the pearl on top of the desk and went downstairs.

Aeri's POV

While I waited for the food I ordered, I started to do some homework, not being able to concentrate that much because of basically everything going on.

I was going to grab another pencil from his desk, when my eyes catched a glimpse of something I've seen before.

The shell with the pearl.

"How did you get here?" I asked confused. This was on my desk. Did it had anything to do with what's happening? I don't think so tho, why would it? Maybe it came with me...spiritually or something I don't know. I took out the pearl and admired it, it's certainly beautiful, perfectly imperfect, as it was asymmetrical, but that's what made it gorgeous, this nature produced treasure.

I heard the doorbell, I ran downstairs, as it was my food and I was starving. We had dinner back at my house, but I guess boys eat a lot more, that's why I felt hungry. I remembered the day he said something about his abs. I lifted my shirt, you know, just to check.

Anyone would think I already saw his naked body since I had to shower and all, but i seriously did everything eyes closed. So I haven't seen his abs, or his, uh, well his friend.

What the hell? He has perfectly toned abs. How can he be so hot-

"Aeri, What are you doing seriously. You're acting like a child." I said to Myself, putting down my shirt and shrugging away any weird thought, although I'm sure he already touched my chest and saw...me. I'd better not ask, I'll kill him.

After dinner, I went to brush my teeth and straight to bed, putting the pearl I kept all night with me, on the night table. I felt sleepy almost immediately after eating, I guess it's a boys thing; my eyelids were heavy as hell. .
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
My alarm went on again, making me flinch from
My dream. I extended my arm to grab the phone and turn it off. I rolled to the side of the bed and sat down, eyes still heavy. I walked like a zombie to the bathroom, untill my body crashed with the wall.

That made me open my eyes fully, only to face a wall, were the bathroom door is supposed to be; and it was my room's wall, like, for real my room.

I turned around quickly, recognizing my room, my things, everything. I raised my hands up to my face, only to confirm it; I'm back in my body.

Oh my god. Im back!

I grabbed the phone, ready to text Hyunjin. If I'm back, he should be back too. As soon as I was going to text him, I got a call from him.

"Hello?"

"Please tell me you're back in your body."

"I am!" I chuckled.

"I am too, Aeri!"

We both laughed at the phone, happy of being back, but neither of us knew what happened.

"I'm glad you're back in your body, Aeri, and back with your parents. I know you missed them like crazy." He said with a sweet tone. My smile slowly faded, as I remembered he has to go back to his empty house.

I don't want that.

"Let's... walk to school?" I asked him. I heard him giggle on the other side, and then replied.

"Shin Aeri must be happy, she's asking me to walk with her to school!"

"Stop it before I regret it." I joked with a serious tone.

"Oh sorry sorry sorry." He said, making me laugh at his genuine reaction.

"See you in a while then." I said.

"Yeah... see ya." He chuckled. We hung up and I hurried to take a shower and change clothes, and to finally hug my parents.

But one thing I was sure about.

I'm going to make Hyunjin feel happiness.