Thirteen

Kai

After a few shots and many beers, I found myself in one of the bedrooms with Claire's lips pressed to mine. I could taste cherry flavored liquor on her lips. Her soft moans filled my ears as My hands roamed over her petite frame. I moved in to kiss on her neck.
Or more like suck on it.
"Oh Kai, I've missed us,"she panted as my hand moved up her shirt. She caught my wrist before I moved it up further and looked me deep in my eyes. "Does this mean you forgive me?" She asked with big doe eyes. "That we're back together?"
I blinked. I had been looking for a hook up, not to get back with an ex. If I let Claire cling to me, it would not only hurt Shadow, but anger him. He'd tear us apart at school in front of everyone if he caught us together. The thought made me sweat. And then it angered me. Who was he to control my life? Just because we made each other cum, didn't mean I want his little bitch to submit to his every whim. He was probably with Blue right now, rubbing dicks as if I never existed.
As if he never turned my life upside down with his confusing words. What we did that first day was animal instinct taking over. Everything after was just messy. The words. The caresses. The possessiveness. The kissing. It was all so confusing. And it made my head spin.
"I want you Claire," I said simply as I dove back in to kiss her with everything that I had as I kept my eyes opened even as hers slid closed.
When I closed my eyes, all I saw was Shadow. So I didn't let myself look away from Claire's face as I kissed her.

🐾🐾🐾

The next day at school And another day taking an Uber. I rubbed my neck at the sore spot Shadow had bitten me at last night when I stumbled, drunk, up my front porch. As quickly as he appeared, he had disappeared before I could even turn around. But I swore I felt him sniff me before he was gone.
I knew he probably smelled Claire on me. And I didn't care. He didn't even need to bite me so soon. He was just checking in on me and that shit pissed me off. I'm not his!
It felt as if a fist was squeezing my heart as my eyes fell on Shadow. As his eyes met mine. And his gaze slid away as if he were regarding any random person he saw on the street.
As if I were nobody to him.
My heart dropped to the floor.
Fuck. I fucked everything up. Before I could do something dumb, like walk over to him and beg at his feet for him to not hate me, Claire was suddenly infront of me.
"Hey," she wrapped her arms around my neck and clung to me like a monkey. "Walk me to my locker?"
My eyes instantly slid from hers to Shadows. He narrowed his eyes and balled up his fists, but instead of stalking over like I expected, he turned and left the cafeteria. My heart felt like it was being slammed back into my chest as disappointment set in.
I couldn't fight this panic growing inside of me, couldn't shake the feeling as if I had been publicly rejected. As if I needed to prove myself to Shadow. Damn him. Even when he was giving me what I wanted, space and the choice to talk and be with anyone I wanted, i still couldn't help but feel wronged by him.
It was stupid and childish and just unfair to him but I couldn't help how I was feeling. How all these emotions i never even knew I had was suddenly choking me.
I knew he wasn't the problem. I knew he wasn't the one who made me an omega and himself an alpha.
I knew he couldn't control how much I wanted him back.
But he was the one to speak to me like a lover, to kiss my mouth as if he owned it. He messed up what we had and now there was no going back. I knew now we could never go back to what we had, even without having sex, he had declared things to me that I wouldn't unhear. Couldn't unfeel.
I felt sadness growing inside me at the loss of our friendship, our brotherhood. Only two choices remained now. Allow him to dominate me and start a relationship with him, or let him go forever and avoid him until graduation.
To hide the turmoil of emotions I was feeling, I smiled down at Claire and said, "sure."