61. Shadows backstory trigger story

My mother used to date an alpha, he was abusive and controlling and she ended up running off with a beta from the pack. They had times where they had to fight and run away as the alpha hunted them down.
But years went by and by the time I was born, they hadn't had any trouble. Especially since they would move us every single year. On the dot, once the house rental lease was up. As the years went by, they became lax in their fears and worry. Surely; he had given up?

But no, as we stayed just a year too long at one house, they came knocking one day.
Or more like busting down our doors.
My sister and I were dragged out of our beds into the living room. And we had to watch as our parents were killed in front of us, their bodies tossed onto the floor as if they were nothing more than dirty rags. And that's when they all looked at my sister,

When it became obvious what they wanted to do to my sister, as they grabbed her and started doing horrible things. I did what anyone would have done in my place.
I offered myself instead. And they had made me beg for it. Made me crawl to them. I was only thirteen. My sister was seventeen. She yelled at me to stay out of it, cried to them to let me go to my room. But they enjoyed our suffering. That's all it had been. A power play. A way to break us, the children of parents who dared disobey them.
I thought I could at least save my sister; offer myself so that they would leave her alone. But now I know there was no outcome that would have stopped what had happened.
And as the alpha roughly took away my innocence, I had to watch helpless as the five other wolves did the same to her, dragging her into the living room. And no amount of fighting, crying and begging from either of us had made them stop. And worse, our eyes had connected in our worst moment, in what would be our most traumatizing memories. And that's why we struggled to even be near each other. It was as if gazing into the past every time our eyes connected.
And the only reason we got out alive was because as the alpha left me to go to my sister. I ran and grabbed a large knife from the sink. It had been used by our father that night as he cooked us dinner. Horrible things happened to me on that dining table when only moments ago we had all been enjoying a family meal.
I stabbed the alpha in the back and kept stabbing. The others came for me but now my sister was up and she shifted and started tearing into them. We managed to kill three of them in total before they ran off. Luckily for us, as we hadn't much fight left in us. Although we would have died fighting. But after their alpha has died they didn't want to stick around, I guess.

Kai knew most of the story, obviously I hadn't want to give him too much details, there were just some things that couldn't be said out loud. Instead I had told him the cliff notes. And he had been a good friend to me. A light in what I thought would be an endless darkness. Moving in front of his house has been the gift life gave me to make up for what it took from me. At least, that's how I always saw it.

I had a front row seat to horrors of those in power. To alphas who became obsessed beyond reason.
It wasn't right. How the world was. But I wanted to make it right.
And maybe that's the real reason, I hadn't run off with Kai when everything inside told me too. Because my parents hadn't been able to run far and fast enough. And I should have known neither could we.
We had to stay. We had to fight. I couldn't change the world, but I could turn this small town into a safe haven by uprooting the evil that was here and protecting it from any bad seeds that's tried to bloom here.