42

Shadow

I didn't respect this alpha in front of me and pretending I did was harder than I thought. I had called Ash on the way here to get a prep talk and it helped slightly. Looking down at his feet, my fists curled at my sides I had to listen while the alpha scowled me.
"Putting your hands on your elders is not only disrespectful but it's also against my rules boy."
"Yes sir," I said and applauded myself on not sounding rude. As long as it was me standing in front of him and not Kai. Knowing what a lowlife this guy was made me feel uneasy that Kai was anywhere near his territory.
"I want you to not only apologize to him but I want you to kick out Kai from your house." My head snapped up to look at him in the face in shock.
"What? Why?"
He frowned at me. "Because I said so. Because he's a teenager who should be with his parents."
"He's eighteen, I can't tell him what to do."
He puffed up and stepped close to me, trying to big dog and it took everything to look down and not put him in his place. "But I can tell you what to do. And i say kick him out."
It seemed to me; he was just pissy Kai was an alpha. Or at least that's what he thought.
"With all due respect sir, he's my partner. And I plan to spend my life with him."
The alpha bowled out a laugh. "Boy, let me save you the heartache, as an alpha from a long line of breeding alphas, I'll give you some advice about them. Kai will never see you as more than a plaything. He'll get bored of dominating you and move on to the next."
My eyes flashed and teeth gritted together in anger. No, never. That's not what being an alpha was.
He continued, "he's young now so maybe he might not know it himself, but trust me, when the honeymoon phase is over, and it will be over, he'll leave you for his next conquest. Alphas have a need to dominate, you'll just be a number on his board. Especially if an omega come around, mm," he licked his lips disgustingly. "Those are irresistible. They smell so good." I couldn't hold back the disgust on my face and he took notice as he laughed and slapped my shoulder. "You wouldn't understand."
Kai was never ever going near this creep ever again. Matter of fact, I was already plotting how I would convince Kai to abandon everyone here and what he wanted to do and move away with me.
"Fine, he can stay with you," as if it were ever up for debate. "As long as you don't punch his father anymore and as long as you convince him to stop by their house once a day. Should be easy enough, being that you live across the street and all."
"Thank you alpha," I said to appease him when I really just wanted to rip his throat out already. It would be soo easy. And no one else was around. My fingers twitched.
"I mean it boy, there's going to be hell to pay if you don't follow my rules. It's bad enough how your brat sister ran off refusing to join us. I don't want to start doubting your intentions here and don't want to waste space on the likes of a family who can't commit to a pack. And you don't want to know what happens to rogue wolves. All alone with no protection," he tried to sound threatening but I was all but rolling my eyes on the inside.
With his dismissal, I ran out of there, he probably thought it was fear but it was to stop myself from showing him just how much damage one lone wolf could do. How dare he even talk about my sister. I was plotting his death inside my head.

My emotions were on high and all I wanted to do was get to Kai and hold him tightly to me.
So it was no surprise the animal inside me wanted to tear out when I got home and smelled another male wolf. And then caught him touching what was mine and smiling up at Kai as if he hung the fucking sun and moon in the sky. Kai was serving him food like a good househusband. Serving another wolf. Food. He had actually cooked. For someone else. When has he ever made me, what was that, grilled cheese?! Jealousy flared up.
Mine. Mine. Mine. The words drummed in my ear. How dare they not respect that. The alpha. This kid. Even Kai. He knew he was mine and he allowed someone to touch him and cooked for him, serving him like that. I wanted to rip out this dudes hearts and serve it to Kai on the same plate that was in front of this random dude; show Kai what happens to those who dared touch him. Remind him, that he was mine.

I lost it. Almost.

"Hufflepuff," Kai snarled and it was such a ridiculous word, it took me aback before I realized. He used it: he used the safeword.
"Um, maybe I should go," Henry said as I stepped away from Kai. The anger was brewing up inside of me but at least I had control over it. But I would need to leave the house. And soon.
"No, don't be ridiculous," Kai said, rubbing the back of his neck and I winced.
"Sorry, Kai here broke our game station during one of his alpha wolf out bullshit," Kai shot me a look at that, "and I couldn't find another one and came home angry. We get into it a lot, nothing serious, you know how it is," Kai agreed laughing nervously as he watched me carefully.
"Oh man, not the PlayStation," Henry laughed, seeming to relax back into the dining room chair.
"Right," I agreed tightly. "Almost unforgivable."
"Anyway, I won't be back until tomorrow," I said holding back my anger : knowing I had to respect Kai's wishes. A full Day. That was the promise from the safeword. Maybe he would call me in an hour once my anger ebbed away.
"Isn't this your house?" Henry asked confused.
"It's our house," I corrected, "but I'll be back, tomorrow," I said like a warning. "No touching," I said through clenched teeth's
"Huh?" Henry looked confused.
"Nothing."
I ran out not looking at Kai because my hand was itching to force him to submit. Fuck. I hated being a werewolf sometimes.