40

Kai

"I got a request from the app," I told Shadow two weeks later. The app was up and running and we had a few requests here and there. Also a chat going about the alpha and all that's he's done. We all hated him. A bunch of memes were even made. I almost cackled thinking about one.

Shadow, in black baller shorts and no shirt on, while brushing his teeth, padded over to look at my screen.
"A wolf a grade under us wants to stay for a week," I explained.

Shadow nodded, pulling the brush out of his mouth. "Tell him yes, we should see if anything is going on at home while he stays here. Maybe he's in trouble."
I nodded agreeing as I typed a thumbs up emoji and told the guy to swing by whenever as Shadow padded away.
We've been holding a meeting once a week on weekends and have gotten closer to them as our group was getting large. That we would need a new spot to meet up at before anyone took notice. The wolves were wary still of me though. Of us. They wanted to believe in what we had going. But sometimes it was safer to just fuck your head and continue on as is, but the system was broken and needed to be fixed. We shouldn't have to live as all our parents did. Helpless but to go along with how a cruel alpha led, allowing other cruel members close to him going unchecked. Him and his family and long line of heirs needed to be casted out. I pictured Shadow leading everyone. And frowned. He would probably kill anyone who annoyed him or looked at me funny. So maybe not him. There had to be another alpha coming of age that would be well suited for the role. Anyone but the abusive alpha that was now in charge, and his overly rich family that were too out of touch with reality.

"I got summoned," Shadow came back over after finishing brushing his teeth. I tensed, we both knew this would happen since my fathers threats. I hated it.
I cursed out loud as I looked up from my phone. "This isn't good Shadow."
"I'm not worried. Better me than you." His eyes darkened. "All I can think is one day you're going to be in front of him and him forcing you to submit," he hand shot out and he gripped my chin, holding me in place to look deep into his eyes, "you're not allowed to submit to anyone but me. Do you understand? No one is your alpha. Only me," he seemed to be drilling it into my head. His hand tightened and an animalistic look came over his features. "Say it."
"Only you,"
"More," he growled, and I was reminded all over again that he was an alpha, and not me as I've been playing with the others. And it could become like it used to if I didn't calm him down.
"I'll only submit to you. No one else," no sooner did the words leave my mouth did he relax, his eyes clearing as he pulled away.
"Good," he nodded to himself before looking down at his hands. "I worry about you Kai. More than anything."
I sighed, "I know," I said even though it annoyed me when he threw his alpha status around on me. It also turned me on, which was annoying.
"Use the jeep today. I'll be back, I have to go see him right away," he sighed standing up. When he looked back down at me, his eyes roaming down my body shamelessly and then smirking when he saw how hard I was. I shifted and looked away not wanting him to think he could turn me on by being possessive like that. But it is what it is. "I could keep him waiting though if you need help with that."
"Oh fuck off, it's just a little morning wood," I shot up and made my way to the bathroom but paused to say, "Don't keep him waiting. We have to play nice for now. We could be dragged out of this house one day and torn to pieces by the pack if we aren't careful and we already are committed all kinds of treason or whatever. Even by gathering with the others. Hell, even the ones who came to the meetings would have no choice to tear into us if the alpha ordered. We need to be careful who we trust, what we do." Fuck, was any of this even worth a damn? We needed to pack a emergency exit bag and have an exit plan for when we would need to run off. And we would need to if we continued on like this. I suggest joining his sisters group if it weren't for the fact that they all hated alphas. And Shadow was one. We could just become rouge wolves but as an omega that was very dangerous for me.
"I know, I'm working on finding another location," Shadow called after me, I could hear him dressing as I grabbed my toothbrush and started brushing away the morning breath. With what money? I wanted to ask knowing he had been cut off. Although he did receive a big lump sum. But he needed to be smart with it or we would both be getting jobs. Maybe we should anyway. It couldn't hurt to start building up our funds.

"Bye, love you," Shadow popped in and gave me a kiss on the cheek and I instantly started smiling around my toothbrush like an idiot.
"Love you too," I hope he understood as I tried to talk with toothpaste filled mouth. He was gone before I could spit it out.

My phone vibrated and notification for the app read from Henry, the guy that would be staying with us for a week apparently, wrote,
Thanks man; I really appreciate you 🙏

Ok, so someone would be invading our space and as a omega in hiding maybe it wasn't such a good idea. We could always get him a motel room, but it made me feel bad. Maybe we would do that with others who asked for help. It made me feel bad just how many of us around here had shitty home lives.
And then i started to worry about Shadows possessiveness. If Henry so much as even brushed up against me, I wasn't sure Shadow would be able to stop himself from ripping his arm off.
I groaned as I also realized since Henry was a werewolf with good hearing, Shadow and I wouldn't be able to fuck around with him in the house. Maybe we could go into the woods... I shook off my thoughts. Geez, I was obsessed. You'd think I'd be happy for a break from taking it in the ass, but no, I felt like I wanted to cry in frustration already, and we just had sex last night. Maybe we could get in a few rounds before this kid showed up.
But Henry could be here any-
There was a knock at the door and my face tightened. Fuck, I should have taken Shadow up on his offer.
Annoyed, I huffed and went downstairs and opened the door.
"Henry," I gaped at him and he looked at me with two bruised black eyes. "Come in, glad you came," I patted his shoulder as he stepped inside.
Ok I guess it was worth getting this kid a break from whatever hell he just came from.