Chapter 7: They're Not Us

Nayeon's face held her usual polite smile. Wow, she really didn't care about the past week. That's what I get trusting Dumbsoo.

All Jeongyeon could feel was dejection. Deciding to just end it right now, she prepared herself for the worst but was interrupted before she could even get a word out. 

"I missed you!" Really? Because that's not what I've been seeing. 

"And I know I haven't been showing you that but I really like you!" Wow, who would've guessed. 

Nayeon was now fidgeting with her skirt, confusing Jeongyeon. All she wanted to do was hug the girl.

"I knew what was coming when you asked me out all those times but I was scared of what we would become. I'm still scared! But I don't want this to end here." 

"Scared of us?"

Jeongyeon's soft voice brought Nayeon a bit more comfort, helping her get her words out.

"I have seen what my friends went through after their break up.  They knew each other for so long, and they were so compatible. Constantly looking out for each other and knowing exactly what the other wants without a word being sad."

"I wanted that for us, up until I saw them end it over such a small misunderstanding."

"I've never seen them fight once..."

"...and we argue all the time. I realized if that's whats a relationship comes with, I never want that to be us.

Jeongyeon couldn't care less about being ignored anymore. She was more focused on finding who caused Nayeon to doubt their (future) relationship. I hope whatever assholes ruined it for me runs into a wall and loses all their front teeth!

"I'm sorry. I know I should've told you earlier." 

Taking Jeongyeon's silence as rejection, Nayeon believed she was too late. She was getting ready to leave.

Jeongyeon, who snapped out of the thoughts of running over the unknown couple, looked at Nayeon before realizing there's no better time to do this than now. 

"Not arguing doesn't make a good relationship."

Nayeon finally met her eyes.

"I missed you."

"I missed you so much...and I missed those petty fights we have over small things."

"They're not us, Nayeonie. You can't compare someone else's relationship to ours."

"A relationship means it will have ups and downs and I can't guarantee that we will never fight. I promise we can resolve any issue that comes up right away as long as we talk to eachother.

"Plus, I dont mind fighting once in a while." Jeongyeon shrugged as she took a sip out of her coffee.

Nayeon gave her a clearly confused look.

"I think it's cute when you start furrowing your brows and start whining, showing me your bunny teeth." 

Nayeon, who was taken by surprise by the last sentence, finally started to smile back at her.

"This is not how I wanted to do this but..."  

"...Im Nayeon, would you finally be my girlfriend?" 

Nayeon jumped into her arms causing Jeongyeon to almost drop her coffee. 

They stayed like that until Nayeon remembered why she was searching for Jeongyeon in the first place.

"Never do that again." Nayeon said, bringing herself back from Jeongyeon neck.

"Hmm?" 

"Ignoring me! I have been waiting for you to text me since Friday!", Nayeon exclaimed, causing jeongyeon to chuckle.

"You have a phone and fingers too, you know." 

"Whatever." Nayeon rolled her eyes before grabbing Jeongyeon's iced coffee for herself. 

They spent their time riding around on her bike with Nayeon still "mad" at Jeongyeon but still not letting go of her.

They left back for YG when they realized morning classes were over and Irene had texted Nayeon for an emergency.