Chapter 37: Number

Jennie was waiting in front of the school, lost in thought.

Last night was going great for her after learning Mina is seeing Chaeyoung now.

But her talk with Rosé flipped everything over.

• • • • • • • •

After seeing Jisoo, Jennie was no longer paying attention to any of the conversations.

She barely noticed Rosé pulling her over to leave the table.

They walked over to the waiting area of the restaurant.

"You like Jisoo unnie." Rosé told her, smugly.

"What?" Jennie almost yelled in surprise.

"You don't have to lie to me, unnie. You look at her like she puts the stars up every night."

"I don't." Jennie defended "I just think she's fun and want to keep her beside me for as long as I can."

"Yes, then explain why you looked at her like you wanted to leave with her in the kitchen. Or how you laugh at her like she's the funniest person in the world. Or how-"

"Well I thought her outfit was cute." Jennie replied before she could go on.

"She was in her uniform. It's just a white button up and a tie." Rosé deadpanned.

Jennie blushed, unable to defend herself.

"This is your first time, isn't it?" Rosé gushed, seeing how speechless Jennie was. "Aww unnie's first crush."

"I'm not even sure she likes me. She treats me like everyone else." Jennie sighed.

"Book your next appointment with the optician. We have some serious issues to solve."

"Rosieee." Jennie slapped her arm.

"Did you not see how she was looking at you?" Rosé sighed "I thought she was about to devour you."

"I don't want to get rejected. What if she stops talking to me as a whole?"

"She won't. We're talking about Kim Jisoo here, she worries about others more than herself."

"Plus she clearly likes you." Rosé nudged her.

"How do you know that?" Jennie asked, making Rosé sigh.

"Pray for Jisoo-ssi, she has to deal with a kid who has never even had a crush before."

"I have!"

"Thinking a random guy who held the door for you once is cute isn't a crush." Rosé rolled her eyes.

They both walked out, with the younger girl promising to help her.

The rest of the night was spent with Jennie occasionally being teased by Rosé when she was caught zoning out and going home to lay in bed, finally admitting to herself.

She likes Jisoo.

• • • • • • • •

"Hi, Jendeukie!"

"Jichu!" Jennie jumped up to lock her arm around Jisoo's.

"Sorry for keeping you waiting. You know I'm used to coming late."

And that's where Jennie's heartbeat starts pacing up as usual.

She liked knowing Jisoo would do small things just for her.